Do you use your last year's bags again and again?

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I'm just wondering if most of you save your bags or continuously sell -- I am always buying and selling (trying to limit it though and will have to stop if I continue to buy Hermes bags LOL!) - I'm looking at my LV mc Alma from last summer which I enjoyed but it seems I get bored after I use a bag like that....and the Balenciaga I used all fall I really feel I used it up -- Do any others? I really haven't regretted selling anything before....and I want to scale back to recoup some money towards the recent purchases (and there have been TOO many LOL);

I have my new Hermes kelly which I know I won't sell -- and I also have 2 other new bags for spring/summer - part of me feels like parting with several of my past bags....any words of wisdom? :shame:

2. You do exactly what I do word for word! Which B-bag are you thinking of selling?

3. I have been really selective on the bags I have purchased. One time I cleaned house and got rid of some bags I purchased in my 20's, but I don't overbuy now...only the real amazing bags.

4. Well, the kelly is wine color and I have a first bordeaux which I used and loved, however, I bought a black one recently and know I will use that more....and I really don't want 2 of the same color bags....the new one for spring/summer are a MJ white pocket bag and a B Box in the pale rose -- that's why I think the Alma will also sit around collecting dust....:suspiciou

5. Aw :/ Not that I have many bags, but I'm the type that would wear them regardless of if they were out of season or not. I think I would be relunctant to ever sell them unless absolutely necessary. Is that not cool? I'm just young and broke, lol. I can't help it :[

6. I sell when I get bored with it and want the $ to put towards something else.

7. I save all of mine, although I'm not sure why. I think its because I'd have seller's remorse.

8. It's not that I feel they're out of season, more like I've used it and now I'm on to another one - I guess it would be boredom! And the fact that I like to purchase new bags and the money certainly helps...

9. True true! lol Moneys always a good thing, and if you know something is going to be sitting in the closet for a long time, I bet the person you sell it to is grateful you decided to do so. I feel bad now, when I was in high school I went through this crazy sneaker phase and I wouldnt even wear a pair more than a couple times :/ If people bought used shoes I really shouldn't have just let them waste away in the closet.

10. If one used a bag heavily for a few months I can totally understand the move from one to another. I tend to accumulate bags and use each sparingly so I don't get sick of them.

11. I don't buy bags cause of the trend so yes, I use bags for years...just rotating them every few days or so.

12. I use my bags--cheap or expensive--again and again because I tend to stay away from trendy stuff that will be dated within minutes. If I wanted to change them all the time, I'd be at every sale Dillard's or Macy's had and toss in some from T.J. Maxx. I wouldn't be able to justify an expensive bag because the CPW would be so high.

13. I've never sold a bag. I use most of my bags ... some for work .... some for dressy occasions .... most for day-to-day living. Even if I don't wear some as much as I used to I don't feel the need to unload it.

14. I haven't sold a bag, but I have thought about it. I will wear a bag for about 2 weeks and then just move to one of the many sitting in my closet.k

15. i haven't sold any of my bags. and i do wear my bags regardless if i bought them the year before or three years ago. i'm not really into the "trendy" lines. as long as i wear the right bag for the right occassion and season, i think i'm okay. although, i'm thinking of maybe getting rid of my paddy. it's kinda too trendy for me and pretty big.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice