Do You Use Your Key Leash?

pinkshoulders

Dec 14, 2007
I have always thought that the key leashes that some designers put in their bags are a nice idea -- but I never actually use them!

It may be because I keep three sets of keys (home, car, office) or just because I have trained myself not to throw my keys into the main part of my bag unless it is my only option.

But am I the only one who find them too fussy to actually use? Is there another use for the leashes I have not discovered?

I like to use them when I'm out of town. Since I won't be using my keys during the time I'm away, I like securing them. But day-to-day when I'm home, it's too much trouble. I keep keys in outside pocket of my bag.

No, because I have a key holder from LV so my keys aren't really loose in my bag (and it would be kind of hard to attach it that way). However, the one time I do try to use them is when I'm out on a boat--I take a Vera Bradley out so I don't worry about my bag and attach the keys just to be sure they don't end up on the bottom of the lake!

I love those. I don't need to actually use a key to get into my car because the electronic device just needs to be on me or near me, but I like knowing that my keys are secure on that leash and won't fall out or something. I wish all my bags had those.

I have a Botkier with a particularly long key leash. I hook it on to the wristlet that I keep my cash in. I can pull it out easily to pay for something, but there's no chance of my wrislet being stolen out of my bag. (At least not without a tug-of-war:lol:)

My MBMJ Hillier Hobo has one, and I think it would be great if my car key ring had a clip so that I could just clip it to the ring on the key leash. I tend not to use it though because I don't want to take the time to put the rings together.