Do You Use Your Key Leash?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. It depends on the bag. It's a bigger bag then I'll use it because I don't want to dig around the bottom for them, ie Speedy 30. But the smaller/medium sizes, the keys just get thrown in.

2. i just throw my keys in haha then i have to dig for them later.

3. THAT'S WHAT THAT IS! I have one in my Botkier, but my first reaction was "oooo, it comes with a free necklace" and then "um, why doesn't it come off?". So thank you for enlightening me. I'll probably start using it now.

4. Hmm, I don't because I don't have a habit of doing so, although I'm reminded of their existence each time I polish a leather bag! Gotta start utilising them, as it'll save me the hassle of rummaging through all the junk to find that elusive pair of keys!

5. I don't, it seems like it's too much of a hassle to clip/unclip them.

6. I always use mine-I put my school keys on it, so every morning when I open my classroom they're easy to grab! It's really so convenient as I don't have to take them off the "leash"!:angel:

7. I think that's probably the real issue for me, whether I can use them still attached to the bag or have to take them off. Since my office keys are the ones I use to lock my purse up, that clearly wouldn't work, nor would my car keys....

8. :roflmfao: That's so funny!

9. I think they are more trouble than they are worth. I can never find the leash because it is usually located down inside the bag. I like the D-rings that some bags have, but again, I wish they would put them in a more accessible place and make the D-ring bigger.

10. A key leash is the little clasp that hangs on the inside of some purses so you can attatch your keys to it.

I only have one bag that has a key leash and it's my favorite part of that bag! I wish all my bags had them! I always have a big bag with a bunch of stuff in it. I love that I instantly know where my keys are instead of digging abound in the bottom of my bag!

11. I have several bags that have a clip/snap for keys - same concept as the "leash" without the acutal leash and I definitely use 'em. At first, I just tossed my keys into the purse w/these bags but then I just got into the habit of clipping them/or snapping them in and it works like a charm. No fussing about anymore and I don't have the "pulling the leash to get to the keys" issue.
    Great thread.

12. I *love* the key leashes in bags and always use them. However...in some bags I clip my miniature tape measure to the leash. I admit it I'm a home fix-up fanatic and it seems I can never find that darn tape measure once I get into Home Depot. :wtf:

13. I switch bags too often to bother. Plus I would have to remove my keys from the leash to drive my car!

I just put my keys in the inside zip pocket so I can always find them.

14. I do the same. However, I've found that key leashes are great for holding little zip-up pouches.

15. I use D rings and key leashes for my spare house keys. I am forever losing my keys.