Do You Use Your Key Leash?

pinkshoulders

Dec 14, 2007
Alexandria, VA
I have always thought that the key leashes that some designers put in their bags are a nice idea -- but I never actually use them!

It may be because I keep three sets of keys (home, car, office) or just because I have trained myself not to throw my keys into the main part of my bag unless it is my only option.

But am I the only one who find them too fussy to actually use? Is there another use for the leashes I have not discovered?

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
San Diego
I like to use them when I'm out of town. Since I won't be using my keys during the time I'm away, I like securing them. But day-to-day when I'm home, it's too much trouble. I keep keys in outside pocket of my bag.

MJDaisy

OMFG.
O.G.
Dec 28, 2007
Boston
no...i don't use them. only 2 of my bags have it (my dooney and bourke zebra and my goldenbleu jordan satchel)

Laurie8504

chocolate...where?
O.G.
Sep 10, 2007
US
I don't use them, but I do have a designated "key area" in each of my purses.

valkyrie360

Jun 25, 2007
I like to use them when I'm out of town. Since I won't be using my keys during the time I'm away, I like securing them. But day-to-day when I'm home, it's too much trouble. I keep keys in outside pocket of my bag.
I do the exact same thing!

aithori

Apr 4, 2008
Chicagoland
I use them most of the time if the bag has one. So easy to just reach for the leash and pull the keys out instead of digging around.

wordbox

so in love!
O.G.
Feb 26, 2007
The North Pole
No, because I have a key holder from LV so my keys aren't really loose in my bag (and it would be kind of hard to attach it that way). However, the one time I do try to use them is when I'm out on a boat--I take a Vera Bradley out so I don't worry about my bag and attach the keys just to be sure they don't end up on the bottom of the lake!

misslola

Feb 10, 2006
I love those. I don't need to actually use a key to get into my car because the electronic device just needs to be on me or near me, but I like knowing that my keys are secure on that leash and won't fall out or something. I wish all my bags had those.

bag-mania

O.G.
Apr 6, 2007
I have a Botkier with a particularly long key leash. I hook it on to the wristlet that I keep my cash in. I can pull it out easily to pay for something, but there's no chance of my wrislet being stolen out of my bag. (At least not without a tug-of-war:lol:)

May 12, 2006
Chicago Burbs
My MBMJ Hillier Hobo has one, and I think it would be great if my car key ring had a clip so that I could just clip it to the ring on the key leash. I tend not to use it though because I don't want to take the time to put the rings together.