Do YOU use your dustbag?

I didnt't know and I would love to know more about it! Im very pro dustbag but I don't have a strong opinion about boxes. I actually never researched the pro and cons of boxes to be honest. Is it bad regardless of the weather (humid or dry location)? is this true for all boxes or depends on the material (for example cardboard or fabric being a more porous and "breathable" material)? Appreciate any thoughts on this :flowers:
I am very pro dust bag with neutral box views too. I think :cool: I wash my dust bags, periodically, maybe once a year. I only store in boxes out of season items. whatever the system things will need regular airing.

Reactions: Vintagal
I dislike dustbags, shoe boxes, excess tissue, wrapping and shopping bags. I kept a few old brown silky gucci ones for travel bc they are light and take up no room. Some are stuffed into others to use as a pillow shaper for my bags, but I actually prefer old t shirts as stuffing. I give the rest away.

All my designer bags are in their dustbags and even some in their box. If its non designer bag but it is made of leather, I keep it in a dustbag as well.

If I buy a preloved designer bag without one, I will look for the same bag online to find out how the original dustbag looks like, and then I will try to buy the exact same on ebay or second hand apps. I know this may sound a little bit obsessive, cant help it :lol:

I really think they help preserve the bag and if you ever think of selling your bag, having a matching dustbag adds a bit of value.
I do the same thing! It is a hunt to find the right size and era dust bag to match the purchase but always super exciting once found!

Reactions: Vintagal
I hate using dust bags because they hide what I find so beautiful! I wish there were clear dust bugs...
You have clear acrylic cases for your bag. They even have hooks in them so the chains don't dent your bag. I don't use them myself but by the looks of my instagram ads a quick round of google can help you out there.

I store them in dustbags when not in use. One day when I have room or a closet to get a glass door shelf, I’ll probably just use the dustbags to stuff them and display my pretty bags... until then.. dustbags they stay. I’m not a fan of boxes though. I’d sell them but my husband doesn’t think it’s a good idea.

I dislike dustbags, shoe boxes, excess tissue, wrapping and shopping bags. I kept a few old brown silky gucci ones for travel bc they are light and take up no room. Some are stuffed into others to use as a pillow shaper for my bags, but I actually prefer old t shirts as stuffing. I give the rest away.
I’m not a fan of using dust bags either. I have them, but I tend not to use my bags unless I can see them. I left my newest bag (purchased last spring) in its dust bag and I’ve taken it out one time to use it. Even with the current pandemic, I could certainly be using it more.

I store my out of season bags in their dust bags in my closet. The current season bags are not in their bags, they are on a bookcase so I can see and rotate them. These days I change bags weekly.
Same!!:heart:
I use the dust bags for items I am not using or do not plan to use for a while. I have about 10 in an open display case so I can reach for them easily and the others are covered. I don't really like using them, I would prefer a super big closet or display case, but I don't have that right now.

Reactions: Purse411
yes, i use the dustbags and box. I have a sticker on the outside of the box telling what color and which model it is. and the boxes are kept in a cubical thing with like 12 cubbies each. this keeps the bags from getting crushed. I do have summer/winter bags I will pull about 10 out and keep them in my hanging organizer to quick pull. right now im on a gen 1 MK hamilton kick and have put my chanels and LVs away. I have my Tory Bs out too :smile: I do the same with my shoes too and only keep that season's offerings out :smile: after that back in the box with tissue stuffed in the toe to keep the shape. But i clean and condition before storing.