Do you use your Deauville?

mballen

O.G.
Dec 27, 2009
I bought a preloved Deauville a few months ago and have never used it. I really love the bag, but don't really find it practical for everyday. Do any of you use yours regularly? Or, what do you use it for?

I am trying to decide whether to keep it or not. I might start using it as a carry-on or something. Or, I could sell it and get something I would use more often.

What do you think?

I think it's very classy and sophisticated. I was thinking of getting the smaller version, the Trouville. How do you carry your bag- on your arm or hand-held? I was wondering if it's comfortable on the arm!

It just seems like a really big bag for everyday use to me. I love the bag, I think of it more as a travel bag though. Do you travel much? If so, I would probably save it and use it as a carryon, it looks like the perfect carryon bag! If you don't travel that often I might be tempted to sell it and get something you think you can use more as an everyday bag! Good luck with your decision!

It just seems like a really big bag for everyday use to me. I love the bag, I think of it more as a travel bag though. Do you travel much? If so, I would probably save it and use it as a carryon, it looks like the perfect carryon bag! If you don't travel that often I might be tempted to sell it and get something you think you can use more as an everyday bag! Good luck with your decision!

Agreed, it is big for everyday, which is exactly the problem. I do travel some, and often drive for weekend trips away, so I think I might use it for that. It is supposed to be a cosmetic bag after all.

I use it for everyday I SO'd mine in Damier and It is a classy bag. Jennifer Lopez has a mono one she was photod with years ago. As soon as I saw it(I didnt know names of bags then) I described it and ordered. I love this bag!!!!

I have 2 - one in Mono and the other is SO in Damier Ebene. I'm actually using the Mono version right now as my everyday bag. I don't find it to be too big, but then again, I use larger bags in general. I love mine because I don't have to worry about a purse organizer because of the inside pockets and straps; it has the organizer already built in! I also dress mine up with luggage tags that have my initials heat-stamped on them in gold. I always get compliments when I carry them, especially the Damier version since it's not as widely known...I LoVe mine!

I have a Mono Deauville but it's been sitting in my closet for a long time. I love the look/shape of this purse, but it's a bit bulky even though I like big purses. The vachetta on my Deauville is still light even though I've owned it for several years. However, occasionally I will see someone with a Deauville that has a nice golden brown patina and I think to myself that it looks great. I don't think I will ever sell the Deauville but I don't use it at all. Maybe I'll take it out for a spin this week!

I carry my DH's Deauville as a purse sometimes, and it holds a LOT, but since it holds a lot and has pockets, you tend to put more in it, so it gets pretty heavy. I cant carry it on my arm for long because I put a lot in it and it hurts sooo bad it leaves a red mark, so I carry it in my hand most of the time, and when that gets tough............ I make DH carry it! Ha!

hi all!

i just recently purchased a deauville on ebay for xmas, and the date is SR-0-6
It was obviously produced in 2006. Does anyone have the same date code? Most of them that were made in the 90s had date code VI.... and early 2000s MB...

Thanks