Scarves do you use twillies on the handels of your birkin or not?

Do you use the twillies on your birkin? I personally prefer the look without them

• Yes, use the twillies

• No, withou the twillies, and prefer the look

Results are only viewable after voting.
The only purse I use a twilly around the handle is my Ostrich Kelly. The Kelly is in pristine condition and I do not want the handle to darken. I read that ostrich leather is very delicate with regards to grease. Hopefully, a twilly around the handle helps to prevent darkening.

To twilly or not to twilly? Depends on how I feel that day but most often they all have twillies on them for a nice pop... and because I hate dirty looking handles so I get paranoid if I carry my B without twillies more than a couple of times....

Reactions: BBC
The only purse I use a twilly around the handle is my Ostrich Kelly. The Kelly is in pristine condition and I do not want the handle to darken. I read that ostrich leather is very delicate with regards to grease. Hopefully, a twilly around the handle helps to prevent darkening.
same with me too thierry. the only b or k with twillies is my ostrich. but recent me started thinking.....should i let my love sink into the handles?

Reactions: loves

Yes, the oils from your hands will tend to discolor your handles especially if it is a light color bag... I learned this the hard way

Reactions: BBC and loves
same with me too thierry. the only b or k with twillies is my ostrich. but recent me started thinking.....should i let my love sink into the handles?
I am a bit of a germ phobic so I clean my leather handles after every couple of uses. I can't wipe my ostrich though so it's twillies for me. My twillies get hand-washed often so all is good on the germ front.

My mother is quite the opposite. She has a very bohemian attitude when it comes to cleanliness and as one who doesn't wash her hands often, her leather bags stink so bad after a few years they get thrown away. I intend to not go down that road.

Reactions: honhon
The craftsperson who spas my bags said I should use twillys on the older bags but remember to take them off before storing. It's not just to protect from the oils from our hands but more importantly the acids.

It's certainly not easy finding appropriate twillys for older bags. The older the bag, the less I like the look of a twilly tied to it so just wear gloves until I find those more conservative twillys.

Reactions: lulilu