Travel Do you use the airport lounges?

i do use them sometimes but i wouldn't pay to, i don't really spend that much time at the airport when i'm there, i can pass the time doing other things. the only time i would is if i'm changing planes going long haul but that's it. i'm a frequent enough flier to be able to use a few free and i definitely wouldn't pay for those, they're pretty much the most boring lounges on earth :lol: .

Yes, all the time!! Even if I'm there for a few minutes, I grab the bottles of water, and some snacks and go straight to the gate! I use the KLM lounges mostly in Heathrow, London or Amsterdam, Schiphol and they're comfortable, but nothing outstanding!! Unless I have shopping to do, or I'm running late then I always spend the time just to chill in there!

I do a very quick walk through just to use the awesome bathrooms and get the free snacks! Amex Platinum recently changed their policy so that you don't need a First/Business class ticket to enter....just their card.......did you see the Tina Fey commercial about this?

I use the Air Canada lounges. They're nice. Alot quieter if the gate is full. And I don't get bonked in the head like I do at the gate seats by some idiot sitting behind me who decides they need to stretch!

I do a very quick walk through just to use the awesome bathrooms and get the free snacks! Amex Platinum recently changed their policy so that you don't need a First/Business class ticket to enter....just their card.......did you see the Tina Fey commercial about this?
I haven't seen the commercial, but that's always been the platinum AmEx policy....any Continental/Delta/Northwest ticket lets you use their lounge.

You can use the lounge with the plantinum delta amex card?? I had no idea! We fly alot and get delayed almost every single time.

I didn't know this either! And I've had a Platinum Amex for years!

I have used the lounges, but not often. I fly out of Atlanta, so my flights are usually direct flights, so I'm typically not in the airport long unless there is a major delay.

You can use the lounge with the plantinum delta amex card?? I had no idea! We fly alot and get delayed almost every single time.
No, you can only use the lounge if you have a regular platinum AmEx card (the one with the $450 annual fee). The other platinum AmEx cards (like Delta, Starwood, Hilton, Optima) are not eligible for this benefit.

We usually use it when we're flying out of LAX and when we are way too early to board. It's nice to chill,have a drink, and a snack. The restrooms are clean and not as busy as the public restrooms.