do you use darker foundation in the summer?

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
I know it's wrong but sometimes I use tinted moisturizer a shade darker than my skin in summer. I like the extra color and even tho it doesn't really match, it pretty much blends since it's light coverage. I know the experts say to match your skin and get your extra color from blush or bronzer ......

I have fair skin and I don't sunbathe so my face will never tan

does anyone else do this?

I have to. I work as a life guard during the summer and I get like three shades darker (no exaggeration). My summer foundation is three shades darker than my winter one. However, I almost never wear make up in the summer unless it's an event or late summer when the weather cools down.

I know it's wrong but sometimes I use tinted moisturizer a shade darker than my skin in summer. I like the extra color and even tho it doesn't really match, it pretty much blends since it's light coverage. I know the experts say to match your skin and get your extra color from blush or bronzer ......

I have fair skin and I don't sunbathe so my face will never tan

does anyone else do this?

My face doesn't darken like my body does during summer (SPF 50 and chemical exfoliators :P), so I wear a shade darker than my winter foundation (I own one Dior BB creme which is 2 shades darker after a European holiday and my darker shade wasn't enough).

I like to match my body so I don't look weird in photographs... I think as long as your face doesn't look darker than your body it's fine!

Not really. I'm pretty fair so I basically stay the same color year-round. :lol: I do use a matte powder bronzer for contouring & to add a bit of color/warm things up, though.

I definitely use a darker shade in the summer. I use Makeup Forever Face & Body, which has very light coverage, and blends into my skin nicely (so the colour is very forgiving). So I keep two shades year-round... typically it takes a few months for my tan to fade, so I go from using one to using a mix of the two throughout the year.