Do you use Coach charms on your Legacy Bags?

coachgirl

LETS GO PENS!!!
Jun 30, 2006
I know that I probably sound like I have OCD or something, but I have the Pisces charm, and it drives me absolutely nuts that the hardware is silver, while the hardware on my new Legacy bag is gold. Does anyone else feel this way? Do you still use your Coach charms on your Legacy bags even though the hardware doesn't match?

My Demis both have gold hardware and I keep the charms on them. I don't care much about hardware matching; I don't think anybody notices. They usually comment on how cute either the bag or the charms are or both; I doubt anyone really notices whether the hardware matches.

This has been brought up in other threads too and I think it just comes down to a matter of personal preference. I'm a mix-n-match metals kind of gal (even my wedding band is yellow and white gold), so the whole silver charm/brass hardware on the bag thing doesn't bother me, but I know I've read several threads where a lot of people posted that they really couldn't stand to have things mixed like that. Just a matter of personal taste :smile:

I agree that it is about personal taste. I don't have a problem mixing though, you can't really see the metal when it is on the bag. Do they make non-silver charms? I don't know if I have ever seen any.

I have been battling this myself lately. I am carrying a bag with brass hardware and it drives me bonkers that my charm has silver. My best friend has tried to convince me it looks great on the bag and the difference in the metals is no big deal but it is to me :shrugs:

I still use it them...I do clip the one to the ring inside the bag and the second one to the first....so you see a little less of the nickel...but you couldn't do that on all styles.

you said my legacy was screaming for a lips charm and after seeing yours I think you might be right! I have never been a big fan of charms (ducks behind computer waiting to be smacked by tpf'ers), but the lips are pretty darn fun

well DUH!

:graucho:

the black on black signature legacy bag you have would look FAB with the lips! (fyi - seen them at outlets)

I was never a big fan of charms either...but here I am, 30 years old, and I have 3 charms...the moon, lips, and a smiley face (ok - so maybe i'm a smidge old for that one...)