Do You Treat People Differently Based On How They Look?

If your 'taste' is a brand, then you don't have taste.

ITA! :tup:

I admit that when I waws younger...I must have been quite ignorant and superficial. I am currently in my mid 20's and I work at a financial institution and am able to interact with lots of people. You definetly cannot judge a book by its cover! In fact, in recent years...I have stopped talking to a few friends because I find them too superficial.

What makes law enforcement officers/ service people good people is not their profession, its their integrity of character. It cheapens the personal decisions those people make to say it is just as simple as the uniform. Perhaps its easier to more openly see good ones who ARE in some kind of service because more light is shed on their good deeds from day to day.

These people of particular valor would have that even if they worked in a totally different industry. There are plenty of brave plumbers and cowardly air force pilots too. Credit is due to THEM, not their job description. That goes for the good AND the bad.

Good post. I totally agree.

He$$ no! I live in the biggest poser capital of the world. See someone with a Chanel bag & Louboutins I guess they have a LOT of credit card debt unless I know who they are. Have a friend whose step dad is worth nine figures & I've yet to see him cleaned up. He drives a crappy beat up truck & loves that people don't think he's worth the time of day. In fact most of the truly rich in Vegas aren't flashy unless they are some how connected to the strip.
I don't wear foundation, what little makeup I wear mostly comes from Costco or Walgreens.

Please don't make assumptions everyone thinks like you.
LOL...this reminds me of my Great Uncle...he was an awesome man, very smart. He owned a gas station, and to look at him, you would have NEVER known that he was a multi-millionaire, he drove a station wagon to the gas station, and had a nicer car for when he wasn't at work. And everyone loved him, and mourned him when he died last year. People didn't treat him badly...he was a 90 lb. hunched over old man, but everyone somehow treated him with respect and almost a fear, because he wasn't afraid of anyone.

One a side note, but also related, the same Uncle also did vehicle inspections, and of course, as most people know, there are undercover officers who are disguised as a potential customers who need their cars inspected, and these officers usually have something really wrong with their cars, making it illegal to inspect their cars. My uncle always knew who they were, and one time, one of these officers said, "seriously, how did you know who I was." My uncle said, "I looked at your shoes, your shoes are shined! You cops always have your shoes shined!" Now, of course my uncle didn't ever risk inspecting anyone's crappy beater cars, but it was just funny how he would always look down at these guys shoes and say, "yeah I don't think so.."

Probably pointless stories, but you know.

no way. i don't care on how people look... i only care about the attitude! although there are times that i'm quite superficial (but not too superficial!), at the end of the day... appearance doesn't matter anyways (in my opinion).

I try to treat everyone the same. I was raised differently than a lot of young people these days I guess.
Of course if someone treats me poorly I will return the favour regardless of what they look or dress like.

What makes law enforcement officers/ service people good people is not their profession, its their integrity of character. It cheapens the personal decisions those people make to say it is just as simple as the uniform. Perhaps its easier to more openly see good ones who ARE in some kind of service because more light is shed on their good deeds from day to day.

These people of particular valor would have that even if they worked in a totally different industry. There are plenty of brave plumbers and cowardly air force pilots too. Credit is due to THEM, not their job description. That goes for the good AND the bad.

:goodpost:

When I was younger, yes I did. I no longer do that. I treat everyone I meet with the exact same respect and attention. I have found that when you limit yourself in anything in life, including how you treat people, you are cheating yourself out of so many experiences that can teach you and fulfill you. When you put up walls, you isolate yourself. When you tear them down, a flood of things you would have otherwise missed out on come into your life. A person is about more than their "looks".

I do it all the time...than if i see someone with a non designer bag i wonder what they was thinking and why they bought such a thing, if i see someone with a designer bag like lv or Gucci i admire the bag and the taste....obviously....

...also the more attractive physically they are the better...but that's obvious...and so on.....i think we are all guilty of it...i don't know anyone who don't do that to some degree...some do it more than others.

:shocked:

Yikes.