Do you travel with your H bag?

Bags are meant to be worn and not sit on a shelf. If we can't use them when they're intended too, when do we?
I travel with my Gris Etain B35 all the time. It accommodates my MB 13", H Bain Pouch for all my smaller items, small water bottle and a rolled up/hoodie or thin jacket for the flight. The protective bag I actually have does a better job than a LC or a Goyard. It covers the entire bag bottom to top handles without the handles being bent or sticking out. I also Love how it fits like a glove and I get to use the straps as a shoulder bag. Why would I ever want to outshine the beauty of my H with another label branded bag.

Now to answer the question, My B35 goes into this cotton canvas tote 22" x 18" x 7.5" right before I have to put it through the tray for TSA. I simply tie the handles as a knot and lay it flat on it's own in a tray. When done, canvas comes off, canvas gets rolled up and goes into the Birkin. Same process takes place when inside the plane.

I never saw the need to invest into a name brand tote to tote my B35 or understand people that carry 2/3 bags at a time with labels/monograms/logos from different designers. I find it tacky and screams keep looking at me. To each his own I guess :-s

View attachment 5579526View attachment 5579527View attachment 5579528View attachment 5579529
Completely agree and very smart of you to use a simple black cotton dust bag. Where did you get it from?

I really don’t have any non H bags so yes… which bag depends on the type of trip and destination. I often take J 28 bc I like to be hands free. For some reason I don’t take Kelly’s that often. Often I use a clutch like Kelly Depeche then tuck it into my carryon. But I am never organized enough to have my purse as my personal item… I always need more space.

• Insightful
Reactions: 880
I haven't yet travelled with my B35, although I would love to. Bringing it to Singapore is a no-go unfortunately, due to nosy and intrusive relatives, which is a damn shame, because I think it would have worked well there.

Also, on the basis that I only ever travel economy, I am so nervous about having to squish it under the seat in front of me.

I am planning to make a trip to Dubai soon, and I am definitely keen on taking the Birkin with me then. I think the plan would be to store it on its back in the dustbag at the bottom of my cabin bag, surrounded by soft clothing so that it doesn't get knocked about when I have to put the cabin bag in the overhead compartment, while using my Book Tote as my under-seat bag.

I did buy a great packable waterproof bag for the purpose of inclement weather, but I think it could be a great solution for those who want to carry their B35s in the cabin but wanted to protect it when going through security and storing the bag under the seat, if you're not too concerned about fitting it under the seat.

I can't praise them enough. They are big enough to fit B35s including the handles, and tiny once packed. I also use it to put the bag in if I'm travelling on crowded public transport.

Links for the US and UK below in case anyone is interested.

https://www.amazon.com/Mozzyyee-Portable-Foldable-Shopping-Multipurpose/dp/B0969CZD9Z

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mozzyyee-Portable-Foldable-Multipurpose-Camouflage/dp/B0969CZD9Z/

8BA75CDF-CD79-4924-A161-7132D72818D4.jpeg309D8A91-108D-4C25-AB46-B4E67D713461.jpegD920D3C3-7002-431C-BCE6-567B7226BC6F.jpeg

I haven't yet travelled with my B35, although I would love to. Bringing it to Singapore is a no-go unfortunately, due to nosy and intrusive relatives, which is a damn shame, because I think it would have worked well there.
What a pity. Singapore is THE place to tote some B35! I mean, just look at the wildlife sightings.
I am dreaming of my trip there, just so that I can carry my K32 daily … :girlsigh:

Absolutely! This B35 has done multiple international and US trips and has not been babied at all. Here she is at Austin airport before my latest European adventure. These bags are meant to be used and, for the money spent, I intend on using her forever. For the record, she's 20+ years old and still looks great!

View attachment 5579971
I love your Dash Petit H. I have the Chihuahua one :smile:

• Love
  • Insightful
Reactions: KittyKat65 and 880
Thank you!!

Absolutely! This B35 has done multiple international and US trips and has not been babied at all. Here she is at Austin airport before my latest European adventure. These bags are meant to be used and, for the money spent, I intend on using her forever. For the record, she's 20+ years old and still looks great!

View attachment 5579971

Love this. Where do you get your tote bag from? (I can probably google for something similar but thought I’d ask :smile:) thanks!

Completely agree and very smart of you to use a simple black cotton dust bag. Where did you get it from?

Did we ever hear where the black canvas tote is from?

I want to know as well! Thanks in advance!

Thank you!!

By popular demand its on here and ready for this? $14.99 bargain ROTFL . Glad the majority liked my hack.

Bringing it to Singapore is a no-go unfortunately, due to nosy and intrusive relatives, which is a damn shame, because I think it would have worked well there.
I understand this statement in a painfully visceral family way lol :flowers:
By popular demand its on here and ready for this? $14.99 bargain ROTFL. Glad the majority liked my hack.
thank you! There needs to be a thread of your hacks, plus action shots! (I’m thinking that your kelly Evelyn conversion too)

What a pity. Singapore is THE place to tote some B35! I mean, just look at the wildlife sightings.
I am dreaming of my trip there, just so that I can carry my K32 daily … :girlsigh:

And very safe place to carry your H bags.

I understand this statement in a painfully visceral family way lol :flowers:

thank you! There needs to be a thread of your hacks, plus action shots! (I’m thinking that your kelly Evelyn conversion too)
I know! It's just not worth the aggravation and hassle of having to put up with the badgering, interrogation and guilt tripping...

I'm definitely taking it with me to Dubai though, I think it'd be criminal not to!