Do you travel with your H bag?

Bags are meant to be worn and not sit on a shelf. If we can't use them when they're intended too, when do we?
I travel with my Gris Etain B35 all the time. It accommodates my MB 13", H Bain Pouch for all my smaller items, small water bottle and a rolled up/hoodie or thin jacket for the flight. The protective bag I actually have does a better job than a LC or a Goyard. It covers the entire bag bottom to top handles without the handles being bent or sticking out. I also Love how it fits like a glove and I get to use the straps as a shoulder bag. Why would I ever want to outshine the beauty of my H with another label branded bag.

Now to answer the question, My B35 goes into this cotton canvas tote 22" x 18" x 7.5" right before I have to put it through the tray for TSA. I simply tie the handles as a knot and lay it flat on it's own in a tray. When done, canvas comes off, canvas gets rolled up and goes into the Birkin. Same process takes place when inside the plane.

I never saw the need to invest into a name brand tote to tote my B35 or understand people that carry 2/3 bags at a time with labels/monograms/logos from different designers. I find it tacky and screams keep looking at me. To each his own I guess :-s

A4BA9630-2ED8-4738-95A8-F9C2AB1DD91D.jpeg50222548-5CF8-4010-8E98-A9189894032D.jpegDADCDEEF-5043-4605-B50C-CF52CFE29886.jpeg7B7EC481-254F-4CD6-8A0F-C9A0D0B75893.jpeg

Bags are meant to be worn and not sit on a shelf. If we can't use them when they're intended too, when do we?
I travel with my Gris Etain B35 all the time. It accommodates my MB 13", H Bain Pouch for all my smaller items, small water bottle and a rolled up/hoodie or thin jacket for the flight. The protective bag I actually have does a better job than a LC or a Goyard. It covers the entire bag bottom to top handles without the handles being bent or sticking out. I also Love how it fits like a glove and I get to use the straps as a shoulder bag. Why would I ever want to outshine the beauty of my H with another label branded bag.

Now to answer the question, My B35 goes into this cotton canvas tote 22" x 18" x 7.5" right before I have to put it through the tray for TSA. I simply tie the handles as a knot and lay it flat on it's own in a tray. When done, canvas comes off, canvas gets rolled up and goes into the Birkin. Same process takes place when inside the plane.

I never saw the need to invest into a name brand tote to tote my B35 or understand people that carry 2/3 bags at a time with labels/monograms/logos from different designers. I find it tacky and screams keep looking at me. To each his own I guess :-sView attachment 5579526View attachment 5579527View attachment 5579528View attachment 5579529
@fonnas , I love and aspire to your honed aesthetic
i’m assuming people nestle one bag in another as a carry on for practical reasons until they get to their destination, IDK :smile:

I never saw the need to invest into a name brand tote to tote my B35 or understand people that carry 2/3 bags at a time with labels/monograms/logos from different designers. I find it tacky and screams keep looking at me. To each his own I guess :-s

View attachment 5579526View attachment 5579527View attachment 5579528View attachment 5579529
Ok I think I need to buy this cotton tote. Thanks for sharing!

Meta, Makes sense how knowledgeable you are because you must have the most beautiful collection! Thanks for always sharing
You're too kind with your words. :blush: Re: knowledge; I just think I drank too much H Kool Aid. :roflmfao:

I will add that when going to beach holidays, I don't bring any H bags but definitely this pouch (Jardin d'Osier) to be used as a clutch:

Phonto-03.jpeg

You're too kind with your words. :blush: Re: knowledge; I just think I drank too much H Kool Aid. :roflmfao:

I will add that when going to beach holidays, I don't bring any H bags but definitely this pouch (Jardin d'Osier) to be used as a clutch:

View attachment 5579925
Haha, I think we all drink from that fountain. It’s a slippery ride down into H-obsession. Love that idea for a travel pouch/clutch! My aunt had an idea of turning her vintage H scarves into a poncho since she no longer likes to wear them. She asked me if I’d see them for her since I make clothing for my son but I’m hesitant to take such precious items :smile:

• Insightful
Reactions: 880

View attachment 5579526View attachment 5579527View attachment 5579528View attachment 5579529
Love this. Where do you get your tote bag from? (I can probably google for something similar but thought I’d ask :smile:) thanks!

@fonnas , I love and aspire to your honed aesthetic
i’m assuming people nestle one bag in another as a carry on for practical reasons until they get to their destination, IDK :smile:

I do this, I carry my Goyard Artois as my travel tote and throw my purse of the day in it. It’s likely obnoxious I guess if someone notices, but the Artois nestles perfectly on top of my carryon luggage and holds my purse and laptop and any junk I grab while waiting to board lol