Do you travel with your H bag?

armcandyaddict

High on H!
Aug 22, 2007
If so, which one?

Is the trip for business or pleasure? Do you have to protect it in transit - and how?

I'm thinking of carrying my kelly with me on my upcoming work trip but am wondering if I will regret doing so - what was your experience like traveling with your H? :thinking:

I travel with my lindy, Bolide and various clutches. I don't bring my birkin or kelly because I don't own a faboulous lonchamp pliage that I can fit it into!! But if I had one...:sneaky:I would bring as many bags that I could!!:flowers:I think for business one bag would be great!! I think a protective bag for transit is very important. I know others have talked about enviro sacs too, but any bag that you can fit you bag into would be great. I have a bunch of cotton pillowcase protectors that I use, they have a zipper and they fold into nothing for travel.

Reactions: terinicola
I only have two Birkins. For me it depends on where I will be (for example, taking children to DisneyWorld or going to the Caribbean for a 3 day hop would be a no-go for bag travel), what I will be doing (more formal or informal events where bag would naturally be worn) and how long I will be away (5 days or less--probably not). When I do travel with one or both Bs, I have never physically carried them to the destination--I always mail one or both of my bags to my destination in advance, overnight, insured and requiring signature delivery...I do the same prior to departure....it works for me....

Reactions: Charmen
Santa/DH just bought me a PM Evelyne III (cafe) for Xmas. I need hands free for the weekend toting the kids around but more importantly I was dying for a "classy" messenger bag to fly through the airport with my laptop carrier and carry on bag! I just wasnt comfortable trekking around the world with my 35 black birkin (weight as well as security). I wanted etoupe evelyne but the etoupe strap is a slight bit lighter than the bag, then once we saw the cafe, it was so yummy and has great potential to hide any dirt (just in case it gets dirty!) :smile: I was originally debating between Chanel WOC and LV bloomsbury but H Evelyne is just so classy and soft and understated. If it only had a zipper it would be THE absolute PERFECT travel purse!!!!! Happy hunting!

Reactions: Naynaykilla
I travel with my lindy, Bolide and various clutches. I don't bring my birkin or kelly because I don't own a faboulous lonchamp pliage that I can fit it into!! But if I had one...:sneaky:I would bring as many bags that I could!!:flowers:I think for business one bag would be great!! I think a protective bag for transit is very important. I know others have talked about enviro sacs too, but any bag that you can fit you bag into would be great. I have a bunch of cotton pillowcase protectors that I use, they have a zipper and they fold into nothing for travel.

You know, I actually bought a longchamp pliage specifically so I could transport my 35cm birkin home from NYC. However, the handles did stick out a little and because it was her maiden voyage I felt like I was treading on thin ice the whole way. Now that she's safely home I'm not sure if I will have the guts to travel with her again.

Thanks, baggiegirl, for the wealth of information. I'm now feeling more reassured after reading of the successful travel experiences of fellow tpfers. Guess a longchamp seems to be the method of choice.

I usually bring a birkin 35 cm with it's cover works out fine for me and thing is for me birkin is the most comfortable bag so I can't leave the house without one and for more pleasure touristy trips I bring my Kelly because of the shoulder strap and because it's very safe !

It really depends on my purpose for travel. While traveling for pleasure, I tend to bring my Jypsiere because it can be hands free. I can wear it while touring and it's incredibly secure so I can wear it behind me as opposed to always having to wear it in front. Since I can convert the Jypsiere into a shoulder bag simply by folding the strap over and using a Twilly, I can use it at night also to make it look dressier, although, again, depending on what I have planned, I may opt to bring clutches (I don't own any H clutches but if I did, I would definitely bring them with me if I knew I'd use them for something). I've also traveling with my Birkin but the trip was more low key and I didn't do a lot of touring.

When traveling for business, it completely depends on where I'm going and what I'll be doing and who I'll be meeting with. Sometimes I might travel with my Jypsiere but I tend to go with a Garden Party since it's more under the radar. I've also brought my black Birkin 35 since it fits so much!

I've travelled to Europe and Asia with one Birkin and small clutches for evening and a silky pop for when I need an extra bag. I've never bought a Birkin or Kelly in a foreign country because DH doesn't want to deal with customs and taxes and he says what if they think the bag I'm wearing is also new, etc....I've run into several mouth watering B and K's and have lost the chance to buy them. Big regrets. Can anyone tell me about how they go about this situation? What' your experience (especially coming back to America)?

I carry all my bags to work and around town but never while I'm traveling out of the country. I haven't found one that works as well as my Prada Messenger for those trips...

I use my Birkin when I travel, for sure. I find that it's perfect because it fits so much. I figure, I'm going to use it all the time, that's what they're for. :biggrin:
Although Ms. Prune could probably use a vacation at the spa after 1.5 years of hard constant use.
No more Birkins at Disney!!! I have learned my lesson after carrying one a few years ago. In fact, I don't even use a bag there anymore in general. I rely on DH's pockets. Lol.

From many of the posts here it looks like the birkin and jypsiere are popular travel companions.

For those of you who have travelled with your birkins - was it a problem that it's not a shoulder bag? Is there a lot of juggling involved?

I have travelled once with a gold/ebene Marwari GM. I found it to be an excellent travel bag until I returned home and found that the dye from my dark denim jeans had rubbed off on my Marwari! Had to send it off to the spa immediately - fortunately the artisan managed to remove the denim stains or I'd have many sleepless nights as a result.

i travel with my birkins, but i have never packed one into my suitcase. The only thing I worry about is when it goes through the conveyer belt at security. usually i'll put a jacket or something over it. I have found that they hold up better than my Garden Party when travelling. For some reason, I seem to scrape the edges of my GP very easily even though i'm careful.

Kelly. Wonderful. Strap makes her perfect for handsfree... Hellllllllo body searches! They frikkin ALWAYS flag me for a "search" and I am so plain jane boring I think they just like grabbing my rear you know lol

• Haha
Reactions: Naynaykilla