Do you travel with your H bag?

All of my quota bags have somehow been placed under an airplane seat within the first month of purchase :biggrin:
Replying to this here….

I’m with you! Under the seat where I can see and control what happens to the bag is far safer than in the overhead IMO. There are some H bags in my collection that I wouldn’t travel with, but those that are on the travel list are regularly placed under a seat or in a personal in-seat storage compartment. :smile:

Replying to this here….

I’m with you! Under the seat where I can see and control what happens to the bag is far safer than in the overhead IMO. There are some H bags in my collection that I wouldn’t travel with, but those that are on the travel list are regularly placed under a seat or in a personal in-seat storage compartment. :smile:
Exactly! I was once seated in the bulkhead seat and the flight attendant insisted on taking my B30 and putting it in the overhead which made be a bit uncomfortable TBH. I'd much rather shove it under the seat.

A mini bag in a dark color can easily be kept on my person, sometimes under a light jacket. In the case of my felt TPM, no one seems to notice (it just blends with the clothes I am wearing. I prefer to keep a bag in my seat when possible. Of course on long haul flights, I tuck it away. No attendant has ever commented when DH has kept his sac a depeches 21 on crossbody

My rule for bags, airplane or not.. if it has feet, it’s going on the floor 😂
I used my new B35 right away when flying back home from Paris, and put the giant box in the checked in luggage, filling it with all the clothes. I really enjoyed having my bag filled up with a bottle of water, my laptop, my silk pillow and eye mask, passports and other essentials… oh boy, what a really nice bag to travel with! Also loved the look of having it over my carry on! Then after getting to my seat, it went on the floor and well I suppose that‘s what Birkin was originally made for? 😄 Her first trip from Paris went smoothly, she held up pretty well, I haven’t removed any stickers yet but then when I got back home I saw the two stickers on feet went missing, so I removed the other two 😄 She’s not a “virgin” anymore 🤣

I used my new B35 right away when flying back home from Paris, and put the giant box in the checked in luggage, filling it with all the clothes. I really enjoyed having my bag filled up with a bottle of water, my laptop, my silk pillow and eye mask, passports and other essentials… oh boy, what a really nice bag to travel with! Also loved the look of having it over my carry on! Then after getting to my seat, it went on the floor and well I suppose that‘s what Birkin was originally made for? 😄 Her first trip from Paris went smoothly, she held up pretty well, I haven’t removed any stickers yet but then when I got back home I saw the two stickers on feet went missing, so I removed the other two 😄 She’s not a “virgin” anymore 🤣
Also I bought Le Pliage I wanted to use for travel originally on that trip, it’s the extendable version and it fits the bag, but since my DH did some shopping, our luggages didn’t fit all of his purchases, so this was the perfect opportunity to test out my new bag 😅 I’m still considering whether I’m comfortable with bringing the bag on some upcoming trips with me, my only concern is that given its size it won’t fit a safe provided by the hotel… also I saw the recent video about Tamara’s luggage being stolen at the train station in Italy 🤯 where she suggested using the bicycle chain for the luggage… I’m not paranoid, but with summer season coming up and lots of people traveling all over Europe, it’s better be safe than sorry!

Last edited:
Reactions: steve.b
I agree in general, with a caveat: Some museums will not allow bags over a certain size, and the purse check may make you nervous.

We were in Copenhagen a few weeks ago, and the Glyptothek had such a requirement, and they only had self-service lockers. I didn’t have anything to worry about, but my bf didn’t want to leave his work laptop in the lockers. I brought out a little fabric shopping bag to hold it, and they denied that as well, so he hand carried his laptop around for a couple of hours. :annoyed:
This reminds me about Kunsthaus in Zurich having the policy of no bags allowed inside the museum, I’m not sure about the size limit, but I had a medium size Akris bag and still had to leave it in the lockers. So plan accordingly!

Reactions: FizzyWater