Travel Do you travel coach, business or first class?

Haha when I flew for work they were so cheap! It was always economy!

But I always pay for my flights so it's always economy, or premium at most. Unless I have upgrade points. [emoji4]

Lol, I think I got your old job!
I always try to pay to upgrade myself.
For my own vacation flights, it's generally what the travel agency/ all inclusive charters, or else I at least fly business if it's a long flight.

I'll fly whatever I have to to get where I need to go when I need to be there.

Business/first etc usually on points if it's more than 5 hours. Economy or Premium Economy if it a short trip and I always pay for seat selection if it is not included.

I try to fly direct and that frequently means charter so if there are any extras to make an overnight flight better I'll take them.

I was on one flight and the girl next to me complained all night about my boney knees sticking into her. She was sprawled way over into my space. Because I'm small people think they can take my space & somehow I won't notice. Only DH can take my space[emoji42][emoji99]

Private: economy only. I'm short and couldn't care less about comfort for a day.

Business: economy nowadays as well (start up), used to be business class on short hauls (had no long hauls) when I was consultant at a top tier

As long as I'm not saving significantly on time or increasing my security I would always try to pay the least amount possible for transportation

Reactions: Lodpah
If I have enough to upgrade with points I will upgrade to business or first class. But otherwise I fly economy or sometime premium economy. I would much rather do business class but I can fathom spending the kind of money they want for some business class flights. I just recently flew Emirates from the US to Maldives and economy seat was $850 a tix. For a business class seat it was $6000 ticket and first class was $26,000! For that kind of money I can take a few more vacations. So we sucked it up and flew 20 hours in economy. Luckily for us 15 hours of it was on the A380. The seats in economy on Emirates A380 is pretty decent.

Long haul (Australia to Europe/USA) mainly business or first.
Domestic over 3 hours business.
When flying with my kids - economy. It'll suck in any class, we won't be able to eat/drink/sleep - so we fly economy!

Reactions: Lodpah
When I fly economy, I love that everything is within reach (I have short arms).

Business usually since the husband redeems his miles for me.

Economy if I have to pay cash or it's a very short flight.

Business or First class only when the husband and I are on holiday.

Economy always. I just can't bring myself to shell out so much cash for a plane seat when I will just fall asleep for the whole flight. Literally slept 10 hours on a 12 hour flight. If I have points I will upgrade however, I do splurge on the hotel room.
Your lucky I can't seem to sleep on a plane if my life depended on it. I've had flights after a 8 hour shift on 2-3 hours sleep and despite the fact that I was literally exhausted still stayed awake for the 4.5 hour flight. I wish I could sleep that easily and long.

Interesting question and answers! I've flown FC, business, comfort plus and economy and while I have to admit I have enjoyed the perks of the more expensive seats, I'm with the group that would rather splurge once I land. To me the flight is such a short part of the trip (usually). However, I just got an airlines CC and maybe now I can start taking advantage of using points for upgrades.

Reactions: Juvelen and Lodpah
Interesting question and answers! I've flown FC, business, comfort plus and economy and while I have to admit I have enjoyed the perks of the more expensive seats, I'm with the group that would rather splurge once I land. To me the flight is such a short part of the trip (usually). However, I just got an airlines CC and maybe now I can start taking advantage of using points for upgrades.
Did you get the card with the bonus? Sometimes airline credit cards have those bonus signups for 80K miles. There are people that travel in style all the time just using those bonus miles.