do you throw away designer clothes that are old & worn out?

donnydp

Vanessa_CA
Jun 21, 2007
USA
Do you throw out expensive/designer clothes because they are old fashioned or worn out.

TheNordstrom Anniversary Saleis NOW open to Ambassador cardmembers.Click or tap to shop the Nordstrom sale!
P.S. Don't forget to join the activeNAS 2020 threadand share your hauls with the community!
Oct 29, 2006
Los Angeles
Hmm.. all the nice/designer things I've gotten tired of or look outdated, I try to sell to a "clothing recycling" store like Crossroads. If the item is actually worn out and I feel like I've gotten enough use out of it, I might either donate it or throw it out.

lorihmatthews

A taste for the arts
O.G.
Oct 7, 2006
San Francisco
No, I try not to throw anything out (don't want to be wasteful). I try to sell designer items on eBay. If they don't sell then I donate them to charity. Rarely does anything actually go in the garbage.

lv-lover

O.G.
Mar 9, 2006
I've never worn anything out enough to that extent. But if I did, I would give it to charity.

shop2drop1

On a ball field
Sep 1, 2007
Land of OZ
I've never worn anything out to the point that it needs throw away. I either resell on ebay or if the condition is less than I will donate.

ItsMyWorld

Dec 28, 2006
USA
I just give my stuff away if it is in good condition even if it is dated. If it is worn, then yes, I toss it. I hate the hassle of consignment/eBay so those generally don't enter my mind.

starryviolet

Jan 10, 2008
i don't really wear out my designer clothing so i've never had this problem. i just store things i don't wear though in a box in the back of my closet.

Carmen82

O.G.
May 1, 2007
I give away most of the clothes that I won't wear anymore. If it's in super good condition and is designer I might try to sell it..otherwise I don't bother and just give them to my cousins or the goodwill.

Varied_obsessions

Because I said so
O.G.
May 7, 2006
I dontae, sell or hold on to them. Since there's really nothing new under the sun, sometimes all it takes is some tweaking to update them and make them current. There are a few things that remain in my closet no matter what.

ValleyO

O.G.
Mar 18, 2006
CA
Nope:
-designer stuff gets put on ebay or consigned
-mid-tier gets consigned
-cheap or worn out clothes get donated