do you throw away designer clothes that are old & worn out?

donnydp

Vanessa_CA
Jun 21, 2007
USA
Do you throw out expensive/designer clothes because they are old fashioned or worn out.

Oct 29, 2006
Los Angeles
Hmm.. all the nice/designer things I've gotten tired of or look outdated, I try to sell to a "clothing recycling" store like Crossroads. If the item is actually worn out and I feel like I've gotten enough use out of it, I might either donate it or throw it out.

lorihmatthews

A taste for the arts
O.G.
Oct 7, 2006
San Francisco
No, I try not to throw anything out (don't want to be wasteful). I try to sell designer items on eBay. If they don't sell then I donate them to charity. Rarely does anything actually go in the garbage.

lv-lover

O.G.
Mar 9, 2006
I've never worn anything out enough to that extent. But if I did, I would give it to charity.

shop2drop1

On a ball field
Sep 1, 2007
Land of OZ
I've never worn anything out to the point that it needs throw away. I either resell on ebay or if the condition is less than I will donate.

ItsMyWorld

Dec 28, 2006
USA
I just give my stuff away if it is in good condition even if it is dated. If it is worn, then yes, I toss it. I hate the hassle of consignment/eBay so those generally don't enter my mind.

starryviolet

Jan 10, 2008
i don't really wear out my designer clothing so i've never had this problem. i just store things i don't wear though in a box in the back of my closet.

Carmen82

O.G.
May 1, 2007
I give away most of the clothes that I won't wear anymore. If it's in super good condition and is designer I might try to sell it..otherwise I don't bother and just give them to my cousins or the goodwill.

Varied_obsessions

Because I said so
O.G.
May 7, 2006
I dontae, sell or hold on to them. Since there's really nothing new under the sun, sometimes all it takes is some tweaking to update them and make them current. There are a few things that remain in my closet no matter what.

ValleyO

O.G.
Mar 18, 2006
CA
Nope:
-designer stuff gets put on ebay or consigned
-mid-tier gets consigned
-cheap or worn out clothes get donated