Do you think you'll keep collecting Celine bags now that Phoebe Philo is gone?

Will you keep buying Celine bags?

• Yes!

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • No, I miss Phoebe

Votes: 37 84.1%
  • Waiting to see what Hedi does

Votes: 6 13.6%

• Total voters
I mean, while I am waiting to see what Slimane does, I'm not holding my breath. As for Phoebe, I'll follow her designs and buy them, whatever house she ends up designing for. Brand loyalty matters much less to me than design and style and intention.

Part of it is that I started following her designs for Celine when I was still a teenager and they were grownup, modern, feminine; a working mom's designs for other working women. And back then, as a teenager, I felt I wasn't quite that woman yet.

Now, a decade later, I'm an adult, I'm kiiiiiinda working (med school counts as work right?). And I'm starting to feel more like that proper, grown up woman...I was hoping to pick up the luggage, the trapeze, the phantom, belt etc. in at least one color post-graduation.

Welp. That plan's gone. And it doesn't help that Slimane's designs seem to be the antithesis of the modern working woman style - if I wanted rocker/disco chic, I have YSL, Bal etc. Phoebe's designs felt a lot more unique. I dunno, other designers have been replaced in fashion houses I've bought from, but this feels a bit different and I'm a bit glum about it.

I've got a few celine pieces and I certainly won't part with them. There are only 2 bags I'm interested in - a belt bag and a trio. Right now I think I'll wait till the rush for Philo pieces dies down.

I'm not going to collect anything Hedi makes tbh. I will continue to collect Céline though. I'm searching the pre-loved market daily to see if anything Phoebe pops up that I really love. For example I'd love to add another Luggage to my collection, not sure if Micro or Mini and what colour.. I'm thinking tricolor so I'm keeping my eyes peeled on pre-loved websites. Maybe at some point a colour combo I'm immediately drawn to pops up.

The only thing "Hedi" I bought is a grey Nano Belt bag with the new logo. I wanted the grey one so badly since I absolutely love my light taupe Nano Belt (old logo) so much, I just had to have it in another colour.

I don’t own any bags yet and unfortunately came to this world just as HS took the helm, but it’s really making me second guess my plan of buying Céline with my year-end bonus because I don’t identify with the current brand and styling the way I would have had I purchased during Phoebe’s era.

I've said this before in the "Total number of bags" thread, but my mom and me have been the biggest collector of Phoebe pieces (RTW, Shoes, Jewelry, Bags) ever since 2009. I've sold almost 48 bags already from Phoebe-era.

However, for the past year, I've been collecting Phoebe pieces that I will keep forever! I will for sure be on the lookout on the resale market for Phoebe pieces that I want to treasure in my collection forever!

Reactions: larhot
I've said this before in the "Total number of bags" thread, but my mom and me have been the biggest collector of Phoebe pieces (RTW, Shoes, Jewelry, Bags) ever since 2009. I've sold almost 48 bags already from Phoebe-era.

However, for the past year, I've been collecting Phoebe pieces that I will keep forever! I will for sure be on the lookout on the resale market for Phoebe pieces that I want to treasure in my collection forever!

Your collection of bags must have been amazing. What made you sell so many and what are you thinking of reintroducing? Are any of them the same as what you sold?

Your collection of bags must have been amazing. What made you sell so many and what are you thinking of reintroducing? Are any of them the same as what you sold?

Heya!

The reason for so many bags is because my mom and I loved to purchase every new style that came out each season. She's a super Phoebe fan.

A lot of the bags that were sold were because they didn't age well. Others because they were so used and beaten down. And then some styles became so ubiquitous that we never reached for them anymore. For example, I kept one Luggage with the short handles my mother purchased from the first season release in 2010, but all other styles including the Phantom, Trapeze, Belt, etc have all been sold.

A lot of our pieces are seasonal/runway items and with Phoebe's tenure at Celine lasting about 10 years, the bags piled on one by one. The bags we are still looking to collect all fall into the seasonal/runway styles.

Heya!

The reason for so many bags is because my mom and I loved to purchase every new style that came out each season. She's a super Phoebe fan.

A lot of the bags that were sold were because they didn't age well. Others because they were so used and beaten down. And then some styles became so ubiquitous that we never reached for them anymore. For example, I kept one Luggage with the short handles my mother purchased from the first season release in 2010, but all other styles including the Phantom, Trapeze, Belt, etc have all been sold.

A lot of our pieces are seasonal/runway items and with Phoebe's tenure at Celine lasting about 10 years, the bags piled on one by one. The bags we are still looking to collect all fall into the seasonal/runway styles.

That’s fabulous you following in your Mom’s footsteps. You must have had so much fun shopping and probably sharing bags. Sounds great too that some of them were used so hard and that means they were surely loved.

Hope you manage to find all the seasonal items you’re looking for and don’t forget to post them. I’m still seeking a frame bag even though I know it will look beat up within a month. Much harder to find items in the UK.

Reactions: Sophia
That’s fabulous you following in your Mom’s footsteps. You must have had so much fun shopping and probably sharing bags. Sounds great too that some of them were used so hard and that means they were surely loved.

Hope you manage to find all the seasonal items you’re looking for and don’t forget to post them. I’m still seeking a frame bag even though I know it will look beat up within a month. Much harder to find items in the UK.

The Frame is beautiful! I got my hands on one recently and the base of the bag is already starting to cave inwards. It doesn't really hold its shape well :sad:

Reactions: BlueCherry
Heya!

I'd love to know which bags are your favorites!