Do you think white bags will last beyond the season?

I tend towards less tendy styles, so I would choose one that wouldn't look dated next summer for sure.
Some will look outdated next summer, but not all of them.
They'll be hot next summer as well I bet!

Yes, white has been popular the last few years and just seems to get more popular. And I also agree that getting white in a more classic style is the way to go. I got a Chanel white caviar classic flap for summer just because of this. I wanted something a bit durable and classic at the same time.

I only own two white bags, a fur-lined Fendi leather bag (for the winter obviously:shame: ) and a Coach polka dot bag. I LOVE them, I can't imagine them ever going out of style (at least to me). Go splurge on one. :love:

Thanks for your replies.

My dilemma is, "do I spend $$$ on what might be a trendy bag?" or "will the $$$ be well worth it for the long haul?" I tend to only spend a couple hundred or so for trendy bags but am more than willing to spend the extra for classics.

Agree. I think if it's white with lots of studs/fringes/grommets, it will probably look dated. The simpler more classic styles should hold up.

I :love: white bags and think they will last beyond the season, but I still wouldn't spend that much $$$ on them. b/c they can get dirty easily, and even if you are really careful, I've heard they can yellow.

I happened to walk by the MJ boutique with my friend and saw that there was a sign up about an end-of-season sale earlier this year. They had GREAT deals on several designs, and I was able to pick up a cute, cute white shoulder bag for $150 (I think it's called the Louise). I was SO ecstatic. Even though I got a great price on the bag, I'm still carefull because of the color, and I can't imagine how worried about the bag I would be if I had paid full price (around $500-$600).

I know. I have one white bag but its patent leathere and doesn't get dirt as quickly. Any other fabric/material I see picking up a lot of dirt even if your careful............

I still want another white bag though :P ;)

i think as long as you take care of it and make sure it doesn't get dirty i would invest in a great white bag.. i'm still sad i missed out on last years Hogan Lizzy bag in white.. it was gorgeous!!

If the choice was between a classic bag in either white or black--I'd say get the black b/c it'll last MUCH longer. But if you wanted a fresh look and have enough black--try a white bag. I think it's a nice punch to a wardrobe.

White bags will keep coming back. It's not for me though because I will get it dirty the first day I carry it. I always have bad luck with clothes, bags or shoes. Either I get it stained or scratch....