Do you think this jacket is timeless?

roses5682

Jan 11, 2011
Earlier this fall I saw this jacket and loved it. One on my goals is to be more mindful about purchasing timeless pieces rather then trendy items that I will get sick of in a year or two. I'm looking for opinions on whether this jacket is to trendy or if its something that will not look dated several years down the road. Any feedback is appreciated thanks!

IMG_1486297285.494325.jpg

I don't think it's 'timeless'
But I do think it's gorgeous!!!!
I think you'll really enjoy it!!! I'm very pro-'timeless' wardrobe, but there should be a happy middle ground!! A certain percentage of your wardrobe should be 'trendy' or unique!!!
I say get it!! And enjoy if for as long as possible!!!

Reactions: papertiger
Like you, I strive to have a more timeless wardrobe, but sometimes it can feel a bit dull if I don't infuse it with some fun "of the moment pieces." To me, this falls into the lively and more on trend pieces. I think it could be a wonderful addition to a wardrobe to liven up the other more classic and timeless pieces. Good luck deciding!

I don't think the bomber jacket trend is timeless unless you're looking at a classic MA-1 type bomber. But if you love it, it's certainly ok to have some fun pieces, and you may very well still wear it after this trend is over.

Thanks everyone. After much consideration I decided to wait and get this leather jacket which I equally love and think is also more practical for New England weather. All your comments were incredibly helpful.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-05 at 12.20.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-05 at 12.20.07 PM.png
    358.5 KB · Views: 176
Reactions: DizzyFairy