Do you think this is weird?? Thoughts?

Keepallboi

O.G.
May 12, 2011
I don't like monogram canvas but I am kinda wanting a mon monogram speedy 40. Is that weird ?!?! I usually prefer damier but kinda like the monogram with the mon mono stripes. I wonder if I'd actually like it as much in person or not. Might need to go check it out at the store.

Anyone else experience this or think this is weird ?!?

I have had this experience too! I went in to LV one day to buy a Damier Speedy 35 and came out with a Monogram Speedy 35 thinking to myself "but I like Damier better... what's going on?"

I now own more Monogram products than Damier ones and would say I like Mono as well now, when I used to not like it before.

chikapinku said:
I have had this experience too! I went in to LV one day to buy a Damier Speedy 35 and came out with a Monogram Speedy 35 thinking to myself "but I like Damier better... what's going on?"

I now own more Monogram products than Damier ones and would say I like Mono as well now, when I used to not like it before.

What changed your mind / opinion ???

I love the mono w/ with the mon mono stripes! I bet I can one-up you on the "possibly weird" scale though. I'm not engaged. I'm not CLOSE to being engaged. But I was going to put off getting LV luggage until I got married so I can have it done with my new initials. Is that a bit crazy? I think so. I'm going and buying luggage next year anyways haha and will see if down the line I can have it done. I never thought of getting mon mono luggage then saw a photo posted of Emma Roberts with her mon mono Pegase and FELL. IN. LOVE.

But back to you - seeing as you're a male and your initials will probably never change, why not go for it! I myself am on the fence and love both damier and mono equally, but I think for mon mono I love mono more (even though you can't choose to have it done with the damier anyways). I think it looks great on the bags I've seen in person, and it makes them really unique. I have some heat-stamped now but would love to get mon mono done. (And when I'm married? I've just decided I'll start calling those my "vintage" bags!!)

no not weird. Perhaps you ended up with the classic Mono rather than the Ebene because that is the signature look of Louis Vuitton that most people recognize. The funny thing is that LV actually came out with the Ebene before the Mono!

matahari said:
no not weird. Perhaps you ended up with the classic Mono rather than the Ebene because that is the signature look of Louis Vuitton that most people recognize. The funny thing is that LV actually came out with the Ebene before the Mono!

I still prefer ebene but I like mon mono bc of the stripes. I need to try it in person though first before I can decide.

It's crazy how ebene was the first pattern used and mono was created bc it was suppose to be harder to counterfeit ! Which is ironic now bc now it's the most counterfeit one !!

Anyways back to the mono vs mon mono, I really need to see it in store, I hope my store has a 40 mon mono sample ! Otherwise I'll have to just try the speedy 40 mono and incision the stripes.

What changed your mind / opinion ???

I love the styles/'quirks' of the pieces I have enough that the pattern doesn't bother me. I still don't quite know why I bought a Mono Speedy but I do love it and don't regret purchasing it - I went to look at the Speedy in both the Ebene and Azur and they didn't do anything for me in the piece. The Mono Artsy I would have sold a body part for, I fell in love with the style that much! Mono Insolite I adore the colourful interior. The Mono comes with the gorgeous styles/designs I adore and I've learned to accept and like it now as a result. Hope that makes sense. :biggrin:

Monogram isn't my favorite either. I love Damier. However, after many years of owning LV, I've come to the conclusion that if you want comfort, i.e., straps, nothing beats vachetta. So I keep a few pieces of mono.

It doesn't matter so much in medium to small pieces, or handheld, but for totes I'll only buy leather or Mono with vachetta. I love the way vachetta turns so comfortably soft.

Although I am always intrigued by all the others, I still love the mono. My friend has the damier speedy and I love it! I even borrowed it a couple of times (actually when she was in the country visiting me, she would sneak into my room and borrow my purse and I would wake up and find my contents in her speedy!), but I would never by the damier for myself (I have a mono speedy). For some reason I feel the mono is more 'durable', everyday user friendly whether you use it for work or for play.