Do you think this is a classic and would go with everything?

bergafer3

O.G.
Oct 16, 2008
This would be my first Chanel, I don’t know why I like it so much. I’m not sure if its a classic and has staying power. It’s $2750 at a resale it shop, I feel like it should be lower than that but I could be wrong( the one below is not the actual one but one identical) what do you guys think? Pricewise and if it’s neutral enough to go with alot of outfits. Does this or will this look dated? ThanksD62B5E01-33B3-4605-B780-DCB10B35A519.png

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: bubablu
If you love it, get it. If it will match your wardrobe, get it.

Not sure I would classify the dual color scheme as classic.

I personally don’t prefer dual color bags as a general rule (I can only think of one exception).

Good luck deciding.

Reactions: MahaM and OCMomof3
I wouldn't buy this one, as a first Chanel bag (I also plan to buy my first Chanel in the near future:smile:).Especially for $2750.
For this money I would rather search for a single color classic flap or a WOC.

I don't think this is a neutral either. I think a single block colour would be easier to wear. Black is of course a popular choice for a first Chanel because it's easy with no concerns for colour transfer. But if it will work with your wardrobe go for it.

Reactions: bergafer3
I dress pretty casual, Black or white tee with jeans. I’m pretty basic but like antique jewelry with tee shirt and jeans with vans( my go to outfit). For some reason I like this bag, I always wanted a Chanel at some point but thought it wasn’t my style. I saw it in person and loved how soft it felt and it’s the 2nd Chanel I’ve touched ever lol never been to a boutique and there’s none by me. I like stuff that’s a little different or unique but doesn’t go out of style.

Reactions: bubablu
I am with you! I think it is classic inspired but way "cooler" than the classic Chanel. I have several Chanel bags (because once you start, you dont stop:smile: ) It sounds like you know your style, and by how you describe your style, this bag is the perfect fit. My best advice is if you just cant stop obsessing, then its a yes- and if you are already styling it with YOUR outfits, it is a definate YES!!
as far as price- just makes sure the condition is what you are happy with. Good luck! let us know.

I am with you! I think it is classic inspired but way "cooler" than the classic Chanel. I have several Chanel bags (because once you start, you dont stop:smile: ) It sounds like you know your style, and by how you describe your style, this bag is the perfect fit. My best advice is if you just cant stop obsessing, then its a yes- and if you are already styling it with YOUR outfits, it is a definate YES!!
as far as price- just makes sure the condition is what you are happy with. Good luck! let us know.
Thank you so much!! I’ve been doing everything you said hahaha obsessing and styling it in my head

I dress pretty casual, Black or white tee with jeans. I’m pretty basic but like antique jewelry with tee shirt and jeans with vans( my go to outfit). For some reason I like this bag, I always wanted a Chanel at some point but thought it wasn’t my style. I saw it in person and loved how soft it felt and it’s the 2nd Chanel I’ve touched ever lol never been to a boutique and there’s none by me. I like stuff that’s a little different or unique but doesn’t go out of style.

It seems like this bag is perfect for you so I say go for it! I do like the color combo.