Do you think the Prada nylon Vela Shoulder bag or other nylon bags are "special"?

LVlifer

Feb 23, 2016
I am contemplating buying a Vela Shoulder bag in black, but I am not sure if it looks loo plain. I usually wear LV handbags and feel well dressed when I am wearing them. Do you think the nylon bags look too ordinary? i did want a handbag that is light to carry and not have to worry about getting dirty or rained on.

I have 3 Prada bags, two of which are nylon. I don't think they are "special" as in "WOW! What a beautiful expensive evening bag." I love them because they are great when I travel or when I sit in the rain watching my son play soccer. My bags are around 5-10 yrs old and they still look great. I don't worry about them getting wet or dirty. I have washed them many times and the color is still black. No fading.

If you want a Prada nylon bag, look for the ones with leather or chain straps. Those look dressier than the ones with webbed nylon straps and can be use day or night. Here are some examples.

2015_Womens_Prada_Shoulder_Bag_BT0933_Rose.jpg

imgrc0065822532.jpg

reebonz-prada-nylon-quilting-double-chain-shoulder-br4965-black-bag-prada-10-06941e67-8e7e-4aeb-9437-769392461616.jpg;mode=pad;bgcolor=fff;404=404.jpg

Thank you for your opinions.

Thank you Minty Tea for showing me the beautiful nylon Prada's. I love them all, but I am looking for a black one with silver hardware. Most of my LV's have gold hardware. I am looking for black with silver hardware in a nylon handbag. I want a bag with silver hardware to wear with my silver jewelry. After seeing these photos I would also consider a dressier version of a Prada nylon with gold hardware handbag in the future. If I found the Prada flap bag I think I would buy it. The Chanel flaps are so pricey I am not sure that I would spend that sum of money on one handbag.

Prada does make bags with silver hardware. I believe the above bags also comes in silver hardware. All of mine have silver hardware. Prada has lots of styles, some are not as popular or showcased as often on tpf. Buy the bag that fits your needs. Don't worry about what other people thinks if it's special or not. If the bag makes you happy then that's all it matters. Good luck in find yours.

Thanks mMnty Tea for opinions. I suppose because I can;'ll TPB discussing Prada nylon handbags that they were not "stylish". I will take your advice about not worrying about what other's think!!! I need a nylon handbag and if I get one it will definitely be a Prada. My LV's are great but I have a "void" in my handbag collection.