Do you think the Matelasse (padded) will go on sale?

here's some rationalization for the price (for you and me, not those lucky enough to get it on sale), pepper, it IS lambskin, supposedly, on the quilted part. Softer than the usual b-leather.

Ooh! I wish I would have come home earlier today. But thankfully I wake up around 7:45am PST and BalNY opens at 11am EST. Woot! Wish me luck that they still have the black in stock! *prays*

Good Luck Pepper LaRue!! I saw the dark brown padded IRL a few weeks ago and couldn't stop thinking about it. Finally got it from Mona Moore! I hope you find yours too!!!

I know they have a black one at the Nordstroms store in California, the NM store in Tyson's 2 and the Barney's store in Copley. I called both this morning and wondered if they will price match Mona Moore's store and they both said no.

They don't have the brown one at Mona Moore anymore. Good Luck. I hope you guys get it on sale!

I really want to get one from BalNY so I don't have to pay tax. When I called late last week I was told they still had black in stock in both sizes. Hopefully they didn't get bought up while I was sitting here without power.

According to the sales assistant at Aloha Rag they have a couple in black, but becareful with Barneys. I thought I didn't have to pay sales tax but unfortunatley there was a Barney's outlet in my state! Ugh. It was an add'l $70 in taxes!

pepper, mine should be be here Wed or Thur of this week! I'm proud of myself for ignoring quite a few naysayers on this bag. (Although I know there are proponents in this thread.) You've got to get what you love, right?

pepper, mine should be be here Wed or Thur of this week! I'm proud of myself for ignoring quite a few naysayers on this bag. (Although I know there are proponents in this thread.) You've got to get what you love, right?

I'm a member of Makeup Alley's Fashion board and I posted the Matelasse yesterday for comments and it got a resounding NAY from almost everyone. I won't mention the comments posted but some were pretty funny. However, I :heart: the bag so I bought it anyways. While some think it's Chanel's fugly stepsister, I think it's edgy and it fits my style perfectly. I can't wait to get it.

You can't please everyone all the time right? :P