Do you think the LV Monogram Alma is a "has been"?

No I don't think so, it's a classic bag. I use to have one but I decided to get rid of it because while I love the vintage look it was alittle too aged looking due to water spots at the base. Also I love the bag but I find the shape of the Alma pm abit awkward to carry so if I do get another it will be a bb. I think maybe we see other styles besides the mono more often because the mono has vachetta, I know I'm moving away from bags with vachetta maybe other people are too?

Reactions: LVorDie
I never see anyone carrying the Alma Monogram. Do you think it looks "dated"?
Hi!
I do not think so at all...I have a DE Alma PM and I love carrying this bag BECAUSE you do not see many around. I feel the style and shape is iconic and will not ever look outdated. The DE print also holds up better when it comes to weather and things because it does not have any vachetta. To me, it is a timeless piece. and I will never get rid of mine. I bought a strap for it too which makes it that much more functional. HTH :smile:

Reactions: foxylock and dotty8
I LOVE the Alma but it's not my favorite in monogram, for some reason. I wouldn't say it's dated though, I think it's a very classy style (disclosure: I have two Epi ones :smile:)

I never see anyone carrying the Alma Monogram. Do you think it looks "dated"?
No , not at all . I LOVE the Alma . I have two of them . One DE in PM , one bb in EE . I did shy away from the Monogram version only because of the all vachetta bottom . I felt it was just to much for me to care for and keep clean . But over all I feel the Alma monogram is a classic and stunning bag :smile:

I love the Alma BB, but in DE or Epi. Like others said, the monogram bottom is too fussy, I would not want all that vachetta on the bottom of the bag. I do like the looks of the BB over the PM.

I purchased one in Epi and tried it around the house, but it was just too small for me. I ended up returning mine.

The Alma design has endured for almost 90 years. The question is, does that hold any value for you?

P.S. The vachetta bottom is not really there to look pretty, although I personally love it. It is there to make the bag durable. It can also be replaced when it wears out, whereas all-canvas bottoms cannot. The replaceability would appeal to someone who likes to use a bag for a long time.

Last edited:
Last summer I was visting Stockholm and suddenly on the street encountered a monogram Alma. Oh, how gorgeus and classy bag it was, I remember thinking, never sell yours, no matter what.
But it is true, that monogram Alma is not very common bag to be seen. Also the price is really low from ebay for the older version.
Personally I love the Alma, more than any other bag.