Do you think the Gucci marmont bag is a "trend" ?

Danch1234

PeachHeart
Feb 5, 2017
IMG_7650.JPG IMG_8679.JPG IMG_8678.JPG 2235B7BB-1431-4EB1-8235-DC67F9167387.jpg What's your personal opinion on the marmont collection?

Background info: I have a beige soho disco. Looking at buying my first black bag after returning the padlock mini in black brown and Gucci monogram (chain to short for cross body wear which I want).

Now my decision is between a soho disco in black, the marmont shoulder or the flap bag in small.

I'm just scared of spending $2000+ (aud) on abag that won't be "in" in 3 years.
If I buy the flap bag it will be the most expensive bag to add to my collection and I want to make sure it's he right decision.

I like the look of the Marmont bag, it's easy to wear it with both dresses and in a more casual way. As far as the soho bag, it's more of casual bag for me. That's to be said, I think the soho bag is more on the classic side, and Marmont is the "it bag" of the moment, but might get really dated in a few years time. Just my opinion.

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
I actually think (just my own opinion, I have no fact) that they will stop producing Soho disco, have you noticed that there are not seasonal colors available anymore? The marmot will be the new classic, so I vote for that. The leather looks and feels better too. GL!

Reactions: Havanese 28
The Marmont is trendy but has a classic look so I don't think it will go out of style as other Gucci bags that are much trendier, seasonal would. Especially if you get the black and gold combo, that is pretty classic. I just purchased it myself and figure it looks classic enough to last for a while. And who knows when you get sick of it you can sell it and I'm sure there will be someone who wants it!

not many bags will be 'in' in three years, except maybe chanel/hermes/lv items. fashion houses are pumping out way too much new stuff for anything to stay current for long. the marmont is for sure an 'it' and trendy bag and there are already a ton of them on resale sites. if you really like the flap but don't want to spend so much, perhaps pick up like new one for less. i like the look of the marmont collection, but it somehow already looks 70s-disco-inspired with the hardware.

I think a lot of Gucci bags have a very vintage look, including the Marmont (and even that cute padlock bag you returned). So if you really like the design, the trend shouldn't matter. If you're looking for a classic, at $3100 you could get a Chanel rectangle mini, and their strap is very long.

FYI, Gucci just released a seasonal color in the soho disco, a beautiful Green!

Thinking about purchasing the crossbody Marmont but have a few questions:

Is the Marmont line just a trend that’ll last a couple of years? Is it overdone and too late to own one now? Is it too common?

I think the Marmont is trendy just by the definition of being popular. But, sometimes extreme popularity occurs in fashion because an item is universally recognized as great design. I like that the biggest part of the Marmont design (the gold GG) is based on an archival Gucci design......everything old is new again. I'll still love my Marmont pieces down the road, because I view it as a fresh take on a classic, a classic with a twist if you will. You won't know the staying power until time passes, so perhaps the most important question is, does it speak to you? Do you love the design?

Exactly what I was thinking for the past months! My friends keep telling me that it was a trendy bag and I should save for a Chanel flap bag. But I don't know, I love the designs, I'd like to have the shoulder bag in dusty pink, but my brain keeps telling me it was not a good purchase #stillconfused

Exactly what I was thinking for the past months! My friends keep telling me that it was a trendy bag and I should save for a Chanel flap bag. But I don't know, I love the designs, I'd like to have the shoulder bag in dusty pink, but my brain keeps telling me it was not a good purchase #stillconfused
Me too! I keep wanting to get the mini one, either camera or shoulder bag. My mind is telling me no, but my heart wants it so badly! Just can’t justify it if I’m going to wear it for a couple of seasons.