Do you think the boy is past it’s ‘prime’ ie popularity? Am I too late??

You are absolutely right!
I am in the minority but I don’t feel the hype if the mini. I like it, don’t get me wrong and I do own 1 but that’s it. I always reach for either my classic flaps or my WOCs if I want to go compact and crossbody.
The coco handle is another style I’m just not feeling, whenever I plan to buy one, I just get distracted with other items.
Trendy CC will never work mainly because it’s lambskin :doh:
I just got a coco handle and loving it haha

It’s a beautiful bag, my sister just got the black chevron one and my mom has the 20P beige also chevron. I might get it one day, who knows!
Lol mine is royal blue chevron
I bought the medium size as I wanted to use it for work..

so now I’m gonna go for a fun colour

Reactions: XCCX
I’ve always been a fan of classic flaps only until lately I got a cch and even grew to like the gabby.. boy has always been on the back of my mind but am I too late to hop on??

I saw some really pretty colours the boy Came in - Tiffany blue and also mint green is what I’m going for - these colours seem to look weird on a gab??
What do you gals think??
View attachment 4839896
I sold my last Boys 2 years ago as I had fallen out of love. Not because of flaws or other disadvantages other members often talk about but because every young girl used to carry one where I live. I also had quite loud Boys (eg Mermaid from 16C) and just felt I had gotten too old for the more extravagant versions. However, now that everyone seems to want the 19, I have come to fall back in love with the Boy again and just purchased a purple Caviar Chevron Old Medium with Light Gold Hardware yesterday before heading for vacation. I immediately fell in love and to be honest, now that I don’t see everyone walking around with a Boy anymore it has gained back its attraction to me. I got lots of use out of my quieter Diorama over the past 2 years but am absolutely ecstatic that I have a beautiful Boy in my collection again. I chose a distinct but still timeless enough variation and the Boy still is quintessential Chanel to me to this point. If you love it, give it a try.

I think the Boy is a classic, I see it as Chanel’s younger/modern option in the classic line. It’s also been around now and has stayed around, while some of the other “let’s make a new bag that appeals to a trendy audience” have only been seasonal bags and have come and gone

hmm yeah I think the boy looks great in particular colours imho soo if I see it in the colour I like I’ll go for it

I sold my last Boys 2 years ago as I had fallen out of love. Not because of flaws or other disadvantages other members often talk about but because every young girl used to carry one where I live. I also had quite loud Boys (eg Mermaid from 16C) and just felt I had gotten too old for the more extravagant versions. However, now that everyone seems to want the 19, I have come to fall back in love with the Boy again and just purchased a purple Caviar Chevron Old Medium with Light Gold Hardware yesterday before heading for vacation. I immediately fell in love and to be honest, now that I don’t see everyone walking around with a Boy anymore it has gained back its attraction to me. I got lots of use out of my quieter Diorama over the past 2 years but am absolutely ecstatic that I have a beautiful Boy in my collection again. I chose a distinct but still timeless enough variation and the Boy still is quintessential Chanel to me to this point. If you love it, give it a try.
Not sure if I love it but I do love it in certain colours and I seem to prefer it over gabby - most of my gfs are into the gabby more nmmm
Thanks for sharing!

We’d love to see your new bag :smile:

I have had my boy bag for 3 + years. I have the so black and it converted me to the boy as I wasn't a fan previously.

I get it out every September after I pack up my red mini post summer. I do it subconsciously but it happens because as the weather changes I need more space for gloves/small umbrella and it still works as a mum bag (cross body) with my 3 year old. I have old medium size. This versatility I don't think I get with the jumbo (too heavy/awkward cross body). So whilst not obvious and not as popular it is still a bag I reach for plenty

Not sure if I love it but I do love it in certain colours and I seem to prefer it over gabby - most of my gfs are into the gabby more nmmm
Thanks for sharing!
I’ve owned both and indeed, the Gabby was one of the most useful bags in my collection when I owned it. Both are practical bags IMO and I know that I will also add back the Gabby to my collection when the right colour comes along.

Reactions: minami