Do you think the boy is past it’s ‘prime’ ie popularity? Am I too late??

minami

Jenn
O.G.
Aug 20, 2006
xoxo
I’ve always been a fan of classic flaps only until lately I got a cch and even grew to like the gabby.. boy has always been on the back of my mind but am I too late to hop on??

I saw some really pretty colours the boy Came in - Tiffany blue and also mint green is what I’m going for - these colours seem to look weird on a gab??
What do you gals think??
0A8DBD08-5EF9-4BE4-B1C3-6D0BD8B4EC32.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Wondermuffin

Wondermuffin

Jan 29, 2018
Hey there, if you like the boy, nothing wrong with it. I say with Chanel, buy the bag with what your heart desires, because you will be wondering “what if”, and buying substitute bags will be more expensive in the long term.

I personally have never been a fan of the boy but I get why others may like it.

minami

Jenn
O.G.
Aug 20, 2006
xoxo
Hey there, if you like the boy, nothing wrong with it. I say with Chanel, buy the bag with what your heart desires, because you will be wondering “what if”, and buying substitute bags will be more expensive in the long term.

I personally have never been a fan of the boy but I get why others may like it.
Thanks for replying dear

yeah I wanted to get a gab next but then I saw this mint boy and im
Like o m g
But intel is so vague with my local boutique (malaysia)

there’s nothing from the new collection in yet ..

minami

Jenn
O.G.
Aug 20, 2006
xoxo
Oh my, that TIffany blue on the boy is gorgeous...I say go for it. I like the boy a lot and if comes out in a color and size I want, I’d get it.
I know right!!

ok I’m gonna be patient and try to wait for this colour ...fingers crossed

vandie14

Dec 17, 2018
I personally think the boy has become a chanel classic over the years.
Not only is it chic, cool, and classy but it can be used as an everyday bag. I love the chunky chains and the versatility from summer (as a shoulder bag) and winter (as a crossbody over a jacket).

Go for it and update us on your purchase! :smile:

minami

Jenn
O.G.
Aug 20, 2006
xoxo
Not only is it chic, cool, and classy but it can be used as an everyday bag. I love the chunky chains and the versatility from summer (as a shoulder bag) and winter (as a crossbody over a jacket).

Thanks for chipping in dear!!
I have just texted my SA and told her to let me know immediately if this colour comes in ...gosh I’m so desperate to get a bag in this colour and not a woc or mini if I can help it .. so if a boy comes in this color.. I’m going for it

Reactions: Wondermuffin

vandie14

Dec 17, 2018
Thanks for chipping in dear!!
I have just texted my SA and told her to let me know immediately if this colour comes in ...gosh I’m so desperate to get a bag in this colour and not a woc or mini if I can help it .. so if a boy comes in this color.. I’m going for it
The color is pristine and so unique! Keeping my fingers crossed for you and hope you get a nice score.
Chanel Boys are just so much fun in different colors.

Goodluck!

sizz

Aug 15, 2014
I lovvvvve the small boy. Maybe it‘s past it‘s prime in popularity but so are probably all chanel bags except maybe the mini, coco handle, trendy.
In my opinion is that it‘s without a doubt a classic chanel bag and i don‘t see it going anywhere.

Last edited:

XCCX

Instagram @thediarentist
Jan 20, 2018

I can not agree more!

I started with one and ended up with what you see in this photo! I actually just got the burgundy last week.
It is classic and simply beautiful! I generally don’t tend to follow trends or hot items at all, if something works for me, I just get it! I only purchase classics/classic looking bags/classic colors so that tells you alot about my choices ;)
I noticed that the Boy bag is coming almost every season recently with a nice variety of colors and combinations, I enjoy looking at them and admiring..

Get that stunning boy!

A615087E-0F96-4C19-BCA9-B2A129172531.jpeg

minami

Jenn
O.G.
Aug 20, 2006
xoxo
I can not agree more!

I started with one and ended up with what you see in this photo! I actually just got the burgundy last week.
It is classic and simply beautiful! I generally don’t tend to follow trends or hot items at all, if something works for me, I just get it! I only purchase classics/classic looking bags/classic colors so that tells you alot about my choices ;)
I noticed that the Boy bag is coming almost every season recently with a nice variety of colors and combinations, I enjoy looking at them and admiring..

Get that stunning boy!

View attachment 4839970
Heheh thanks dear!! Love those colours lovely collection of boys

Reactions: Kuschelnudde

minami

Jenn
O.G.
Aug 20, 2006
xoxo
I lovvvvve the small boy. Maybe it‘s past it‘s prime in popularity but so are probably all chanel bags except maybe the mini, coco handle, trendy.
In my opinion is that it‘s without a doubt a classic chanel bag and i don‘t see it going anywhere.
That’s so true I’ll just go with what I like

my second choice is actually the pink with light gold

4E0A2C5D-0603-4D78-9A5D-6ED7EE7A9622.jpeg

Reactions: Stratford

XCCX

Instagram @thediarentist
Jan 20, 2018
You are absolutely right!
I am in the minority but I don’t feel the hype if the mini. I like it, don’t get me wrong and I do own 1 but that’s it. I always reach for either my classic flaps or my WOCs if I want to go compact and crossbody.
The coco handle is another style I’m just not feeling, whenever I plan to buy one, I just get distracted with other items.
Trendy CC will never work mainly because it’s lambskin :doh:

Reactions: Stratford