Do you think that it's bad or silly to have multiples of a bag?!?!

amjac2wm

Bal Love Re-ignited!
O.G.
Feb 3, 2008
Hi girls! I am a fairly new RM addict (I've been collecting since February). My question to you all is, do you think that it's bad to have multiples of the exact same bag? I have 5 Morning After Minis now, and my friend thinks that it might be a little excessive. But I am really in love with the MAM, and feel that it's my all time favorite bag!

What do ya'll think? Is it crazy to have that many bags, all of the same style?? I appreciate your responses:yes:

The thing with RM bags is that you can have multiples of the same bag -but each bag is a different color or combination of colors - different hardware - I mean, each bag is unique - so you then aren't getting the same bag, now are you?;)

No way! I love the MAM and would have one in almost every color if I could afford it. Just ask Gung who has a beautiful collection with many of the same style in different colors. I'm so jealous... :girlsigh:

Allow me to supply a picture to help answer your question:yes:
aaaca104-2.jpg

Allow me to supply a picture to help answer your question:yes:
aaaca104-2.jpg

:smile: I'm feeling a lot better now! Thanks, ladies!!! I'm going to keep collecting, because these are my favorite bags, and it doesn't hurt to have them in all colors of the rainbow:nuts:

I aspire to have a collection as large as yours, Gung!!!

I used to think that I would never have the same bag in multiple colors, but I've been coming around. I have two MAMs and it was hard for me to justify buying the second one. But everyone else is right, it's not bad to have multiples. Also, since the MAM/MAB are so simple and classic, they're so useful in all situations, so you'll get a lot of use out of them even if you have multiple colors. It would be different if RM bags weren't as versatile.

And - if you need any more convincing, you should talk to the girls in the Bal forum. They have no problem getting the same bag in zillions of colors!

No ofcourse not! The great thing about RM is even though the MA bags LOOk the same, RM throws in great variations, like the basketweave, changes in hardware, leather finishes, gold bottoms etc!

Girl have your friend join TPF so she knows what we're all about!

My philosophy with bags, clothes, shoes and jewelry is "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". When I find a great pair of jeans I buy them in dark and light, shoes black and brown, jewelry yellow and white gold....you get the point.

I have multiple LAMBs and LV's in different colors...and probably soon multiple RM's. :love:

I think once you find a bag, style wise that you love to carry, why not buy it in multiple shades/hardware options. If you are going to carry it a bunch it only seems right to have a variety of colors to choose from.;)