Do You Think Selling Your Food Stamps is Morally Wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 24, 2006
I was having a discussion with one of my coworkers about this. I was totally appalled by this situation, but my coworker found nothing wrong with it. I'd like some other opinions.

One of my coworker's friends receives foodstamps from the government each month to help pay for food. However, 9 times out of 10 she has leftover food stamps at the end of the month. Instead of calling and telling the government that she doesn't need as many food stamps as she receives... she SELLS THEM!? :shocked: My coworker has actually bought them from her before.

I cannot understand the justification in doing this... and am just wondering if I'm the only one who feels this way. OR... if you feel like my coworker does, could you explain your thought process?

doesn't work that way here. they go on ebt cards (like debit) and can only be used by who they are assigned to and only for certain types of food items at the retailers. I'm not sure, but i think they can also use it to get cash withdrawals?

i do think selling them is morally wrong. it's not "her money" to begin with.

doesn't work that way here. they go on ebt cards (like debit) and can only be used by who they are assigned to and only for certain types of food items.

i do think selling them is morally wrong. it's not "her money" to begin with.

I DID try to explain to my coworker that selling AND buying food stamps is illegal! However, her response is, "They're HER food stamps... why can't she do what she wants with them?" :wtf::nogood:

Status
Not open for further replies.