Do you think scarves on Bbags are OTT?

bibliophile

Newly obsessed
Mar 27, 2008
Was just reading the thread on whether charms look good on bbags (i personally prefer mine charm free) but what do you think of scarves?

I've tried tying one on before but it looks a bit strange on my one and only beloved lilac city (i'm hoping she'll have some bbag friends soon, but that's a story for another day :P). I always use a scarf on my black gucci fabric brit tote cos it kinda looks a bit naked otherwise. And I'm going thru a scarf phase at the moment and would love love love to use it on my bbag :heart:.

I dunno, what do you girls think?

I would have to say yes to that one;) although if you were wearing a scarf and the temperature changed it would be perfectly ok to tie it around the handles;)

Kat

For me personally I'd say it's a little too much. But to me having a scarf on a bag is a very posh, pulled together, accessorized thing and that's just not me at all. I tried tying a scarf on my YSL muse and spent the whole time feeling like some kind of imposter. If you like the look and think you can rock it, go for it!

I think you're right. Looks like my gut instincts were right after all

lovely64, I live on the equator so hee, using a scarf is for strictly cosmetic purposes :P
so yeah it'll most definitely verge on the OTT. I think you're all so lucky to have so many more options when it comes to clothes and accessories!

ashshopstoomuch - i think i'd feel like an imposter too! I'm usually very casual when I use my bbag. And I'm kinda scruffy looking as a whole anyway :upsidedown:

Oh well. (Damn, probably shouldn't have gone on a scarf spree then :nuts:) Thanks though!

i have a scarf wrapped around the handles of my luggage, but I see no need to do it to a bag it's just not my style, some women however can pull it off. I could see doing it to a very plain unadorned tote to give it something personal/style but otherwise, I prefer to wear my scarves on my head.

It might be a bit much for a bal imo. Tassels, giant hardware, rainbow of colours, the design is such a statement in itself.

I think it looks fine. If you like it you should carry it with a scarf. Don't worry about what other people think. I like putting JC charms on my BBags. Only the RH not the GH ones. I've never tried a scarf but might.

Im not sure yet, but I'll let you know when my McQueen skull scarf arrives later this week! I hope itll look OK.

Oh, please do! It'd be fun to see some pictures too.

And thanks KAOKim maybe when I'm feeling more thick-skinned I will. But I think everyone is probably right. It'll probably look better on a Work or bigger bag. Thanks all! ;)

Since we are on the subject of scarves, i was actually thinking of wrapping the handles in scarves so as to prevent the handles from darkening. What do you gals think? No? :confused1:

^^^That's a good idea.
I will tie a scarf on my bags from time to time. Mostly it will be when I'm wearing it or may wear it later in the day. I think if you like the look, go for it.