Do you think right hand diamond rings are slutty?

Are right hand diamond rings slutty?

• Yes

• No

• In certain circumstances (describe):

• Who cares soshesaid

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ok thanks for confirming ... I sometimes wear a diamond ring on my right hand (I posted pics awhile ago when I first joined TPF of the ring) Anyway, I was approached my a woman who said that it's slutty because it's mocking the sanctity of marriage? (maybe because wedding rings are traditionally diamonds and are on the left hand? ... ) I'd never heard this opinion so I wanted to know what you guys thought.

Ok thanks for confirming ... I sometimes wear a diamond ring on my right hand (I posted pics awhile ago when I first joined TPF of the ring) Anyway, I was approached my a woman who said that it's slutty because it's mocking the sanctity of marriage? (maybe because wedding rings are traditionally diamonds and are on the left hand? ... ) I'd never heard this opinion so I wanted to know what you guys thought.

wow, I'm so sorry that happened to you :hugs: That woman was way out of line and so ignorant. I'm from Germany and here (and in a lot of other European countries) the e-ring/wedding band is worn on the right hand.

I feel for you!! It is totally none of her business how you wear your ring. Frankly speaking, I don't even have a wedding ring (DH and I don't like to have ring on our finger) and I am married for more than 10 years.

Marriage is more than just a ring at the correct finger.

I wear diamond and other rings on my right hand all the time. No matter why the woman said that to you she was rude.

NOTE: I just saw the poll results and one person voted yes. I'd love to know if they actually had a reason, because I am totally not understanding a yes vote.

what a nutjob :rolleyes: so all women from cultures where the wedding/engagement ring is worn on the right hand are sluts too?

i'd say it's slutty if it's in little diamonds and spells out slut/i'm easy/other similar classy statements :P