Do you think Paypal will agree with me?

Alexy

Oct 23, 2007
I have purchased an LV bag from ebay. I had the bag authenticated from this forum and I was told it was a fake. So I contacted the seller to refund me the money. She refused and still mailed the bag to me. I have not received the bag. I opened a paypal dispute immediately because I am afraid that she will close her paypal account and run away with my money ($1200). When I opened a dispute I had two options (Item not received or Item not described). I wasn't sure what to do since I have not received the bag yet, I filed the dispute under "Item Not Received". The seller defended that she took the LV bag to the LV store and if the bag was a fake, they would've confiscated the bag already. I didn't believe her because anyone can make that statement. She still could not provide other proof that it was authentic. The seller has been responding with the dispute providing the tracking number of the bag she sent. I am getting nervous that I might not win this because I filed it under "item not received". If the paypal confirmed that I received the bag, they might side with the seller which I am not really disputing due to not receiving the bag but instead sold me a counterfeit bag.

Please file it under SNAD Alexy. I think it is best to call paypal and explain to them you had it authenticated here on tpf and it is not authentic. However, I believe they require you to get a authentication letter so they can refund your money back. Good luck.

if you are unable to change your claim from a INR to a SNAD.. you might have to have contact your cc to intervene on your behalf .. if your seller is being diffficult &
is showing the item shipped & if you have to SIGN for this package, just refuse it,
as it will go back to the seller.. did she say how she is shipping.. insured, delivery &
signature confirmation?

Thanks for all your advice. I contacted Paypal and they said I can change my claim to SNAD. I can also refuse the package if I want to. But they prefer to wait for the bag to arrive before I can open another dispute for the same bag. I am not sure if I have to sign for the package. The seller is from Greece. She sold a few of LVs before and I think those were fakes, too. It's hard to tell which ones authentic nowadays. I thought I was good at spotting fake bags. But this time I was deceived.

Yes I agree, please do not refuse the package. When It comes, then change your claim to SNAD, explain that the bag is fake, and you would like a refund. You will need to prove the bag it fake though, I think paypal recognizes CarolDiva and a professional authenticator for LV.

I had a claim once I never received the item so I put in a claim with pp and the seller also provided a tracking number. The tracking number proved to be a fake # and my money was returned. I don't see how the op could claim snad YET because what if she never receives the bag? If it's snad don't she need the bag to prove it and then also if paypal files in her favor doesn't she need to send bag back to seller? I hope all works out for you OP, Good luck

I had a claim once I never received the item so I put in a claim with pp and the seller also provided a tracking number. The tracking number proved to be a fake # and my money was returned. I don't see how the op could claim snad YET because what if she never receives the bag? If it's snad don't she need the bag to prove it and then also if paypal files in her favor doesn't she need to send bag back to seller? I hope all works out for you OP, Good luck

Yes you are right. That is what we are all saying. I think she is just a newbie and clicked the wrong thing.

I still haven't seen the bag. But I won't refuse the bag. It is really a headache for me. I received an email from CarolDiva yesterday saying it's not authentic. I'm not sure if I should ask Carol to write a formal letter now so I can file a SNAD once I received the bag.

Last edited: