Do you think motorcycle bags will be in style forever?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and I'm seriously considering to buy a black city, with normal hardware. But when I'm spending that much money on a bag I really want it to last for years.. Do you think the bag will still be in style in lets say 5 years? Is it a classic?
    I'm asking this because I'm doubting between the city and a chanel jumbo (which is a real classic but costs twice as much ;) )
    Thanks for your help!

2. Yes.

3. Absolutely yes!

4. Yes. Forever.

5. OOhhhhhhhhhh yeah...:supacool:

WELCOME!:welcome:

P.s. I adore the jumbo!!:drool:

6. it's been around for a long time and it will stay forever. Black will last you forever! :tup:I am afraid though once you buy one designer bag, you won't go for another not designers one..HA ha Happened to me.:roflmfao:

7. absolutely! bought one, then another then another. its a disease lol!

8. To those of us who heavily adore our treasured babies... I definitely give a
    immense.... YESSSSS!!
    :yes::yahoo:

9. god to know as im looking to find my first!!

10. YES, YES, YES, YES, YES , YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:heart::yahoo:

11. AGREE with Fuchsia.

12. yes

13. I am waiting for my fIrst- I think they are timeless!

To bag*mad*bags*- which ones interest you? (I loved seeing your collection on another thread - you were my inspiration to get a Paddy- you wear them so well! )

14. Well, it was either Bazaar or Vogue which indicated that the Balenciaga "Motorcycle" bag was already considered a classic (the list also included Chanel, and the infamous Hermes Kelly & Birkin bags ... so I would say, it's in good company!).