Do you think LV is worth the money$

flowerchild08

Sep 11, 2008
The reason I am asking is, I had purchased an LV Mono bag the Alma from eluxury and returned it after looking at it and thinking for the $$$ spent it seemed kind of light and it was coated canvas and not much leather on it. I have been use to buying Coach leather bags which are heavier and seem to be sturdy. but recently Coach is well how should I say this, not as they use to be Quality wise. I am willing after some thought to give LV another try. what are your thoughts on this. I am thinking of getting the Mono speedy 30 first. and seeing how it does.

Of course it's worth the money, that's why we're on TPF in the LV forum!?! :blink:

I only carry LV, so yes, I'd recommend an LV only if YOU like it. You carry bags for you & not others. There are many other brands out there & LV offers leather bags. I would recommend something more exciting than a Speedy, like a Vernis bag. Best to go to the boutique so you can play with the variety of LV bags available.

The more time I spend around LV and the prices the more they start to look 'normal' to me lol.
To me it is worth it because if something happens and I ned to sell my bags I can do so for a really good price. Many other bags you can't really re-sell but lots of LV bags either retain their price or even go up. So sometimes it's almost like renting the bag ;)

Yes, LV is all I use!
The quality is amazing- it's not all about the leather you know.
Besides, Coach is made in China (CHINA!!) Their quality is what I call "child's play."
Buy an LV! I've never regretted my speedy!

Yes, LV is all I use!
The quality is amazing- it's not all about the leather you know.
Besides, Coach is made in China (CHINA!!) Their quality is what I call "child's play."
Buy an LV! I've never regretted my speedy!

No, no - not child's play - because it all has lead in it. HA! JK

speedy is definately the best place to start. i know they are worth it. especially when i am out and i see what looks like (a thirty year old bag) and it still looks great.