Do you think LV is worth the money$

flowerchild08

Sep 11, 2008
The reason I am asking is, I had purchased an LV Mono bag the Alma from eluxury and returned it after looking at it and thinking for the $$$ spent it seemed kind of light and it was coated canvas and not much leather on it. I have been use to buying Coach leather bags which are heavier and seem to be sturdy. but recently Coach is well how should I say this, not as they use to be Quality wise. I am willing after some thought to give LV another try. what are your thoughts on this. I am thinking of getting the Mono speedy 30 first. and seeing how it does.

CGS

Jan 3, 2009
Yes, its worth it- I just love my speedy, shes tougher than you think!

gre8dane

So Proud!!
O.G.
Mar 30, 2008
Of course it's worth the money, that's why we're on TPF in the LV forum!?! :blink:

I only carry LV, so yes, I'd recommend an LV only if YOU like it. You carry bags for you & not others. There are many other brands out there & LV offers leather bags. I would recommend something more exciting than a Speedy, like a Vernis bag. Best to go to the boutique so you can play with the variety of LV bags available.

Nyria

Diggin TPF
O.G.
Aug 20, 2006
Alberta, Canada
The more time I spend around LV and the prices the more they start to look 'normal' to me lol.
To me it is worth it because if something happens and I ned to sell my bags I can do so for a really good price. Many other bags you can't really re-sell but lots of LV bags either retain their price or even go up. So sometimes it's almost like renting the bag ;)

LVoeMe

Miss Shop-a-holic
Jun 28, 2009
Yes, LV is all I use!
The quality is amazing- it's not all about the leather you know.
Besides, Coach is made in China (CHINA!!) Their quality is what I call "child's play."
Buy an LV! I've never regretted my speedy!

scarlett13

Oct 14, 2007
If it's in your budget and you like the purse it's worth the money...

If you have to sacrifice for the purse, then I don't think so..

Nyria

Diggin TPF
O.G.
Aug 20, 2006
Alberta, Canada
Yes, LV is all I use!
The quality is amazing- it's not all about the leather you know.
Besides, Coach is made in China (CHINA!!) Their quality is what I call "child's play."
Buy an LV! I've never regretted my speedy!
No, no - not child's play - because it all has lead in it. HA! JK

deem0nessa

O.G.
Jan 7, 2009
For me none of my leather bags stored well...I know it has to do with where I live and the humidity...I have come to appreciate LV canvas.....

drspock7

Handbag Connoisseur
O.G.
Feb 7, 2009
Maryland
speedy is definately the best place to start. i know they are worth it. especially when i am out and i see what looks like (a thirty year old bag) and it still looks great.

Phédre

O.G.
Nov 20, 2007
Antwerp
Yes, it's worth the money. Canvas is very durable and will last a lifetime. LV has some great leather bags too!