Do you think it's inappropriate for a 21 year old to carry a Chanel bag?

sararachelle

Sara S.
Oct 15, 2013
Long Island, New York
Hello :smile:

I have been OBSESSED with Chanel since I was pretty young and just started making purchases over 1 year ago and am so in love. I am a college student but have savings set aside from working hard. I have 3 bags, 2 pre owned (classic medium large flap, caviar medallion tote) and the woc bought from the boutique. As I said I work hard and have been saving for a while, and am by no means broke because of these purchases and have made them very responsibly if you will. I tend to be selective about where I carry these bags to but mainly take them everywhere but to work for obvious reasons.

However I actually miss them when I don't take them with me lol. Am I over-thinking it by being afraid to take them to work with me? What is your opinion on younger people who wear high end items?

Last edited:

baghagg

Oct 12, 2012
Place of Worship: House of Chanel
Hello :smile:

I have been OBSESSED with Chanel since I was pretty young and just started making purchases over 1 year ago and am so in love. I am a college student but have savings set aside from working hard. I have 3 bags, 2 pre owned (classic medium large flap, caviar medallion tote) and the woc bought from the boutique. As I said I work hard and have been saving for a while, and am by no means broke because of these purchases and have made them very responsibly if you will. I tend to be selective about where I carry these bags to but mainly take them everywhere but to work for obvious reasons.

However I actually miss them when I don't take them with me lol. Am I over-thinking it by being afraid to take them to worry with me? What is your opinion on younger people who wear high end items?
it depends ~ assuming you meant "... being afraid to take them to work with me?" ~ what do you do for a living?

sararachelle

Sara S.
Oct 15, 2013
Long Island, New York
it depends ~ assuming you meant "... being afraid to take them to work with me?" ~ what do you do for a living?
I am still an intern but work in your standard office environment in the city, and will work there when I graduate in the summer. I have been carrying a longchamp planetes all black bag to work and put my woc in the bag.

Chanbal

Aug 18, 2012
World citizen
It may be inappropriate for people of any age when they are loaded with credit card debt and still buy unnecessary expensive items. It doesn't seem to be the case, so enjoy your bags. :smile:

baghagg

Oct 12, 2012
Place of Worship: House of Chanel
So, IMO you're not too young, but you WILL be judged, so brace yourself... Ps. I would only bring the bags if it is a safe environment. Do you walk away from your desk from time to time, are your bags in a safe, discreet location when you do, etc? While your LC may not be recognizable, your CC most certainly will be.

kcarmona

Feb 21, 2013
Don't be afraid at all! You worked hard and should enjoy your bags as you please!

I deal with a similar situation. I am also 21 but run a successful website and make my own money. But I look very young for my age and have definitely gotten stares from people who probably think it's "inappropriate" or automatically assume I'm a spoiled brat.

I recently saved and got my first pre owned H Kelly and the first day I brought it out I was asked by a woman how old I was after staring from me to my bag.

You know you deserve it, so just ignore them and enjoy your hard earned goodies :biggrin:

Jan 30, 2014
If u can afford it, who cares? It's your money, it's your bag! Enjoy your bags! I am sure you look gorgeous wearing them!

Aug 19, 2009
It's your money. You have all control of your money what you are going to buy, or how you'll use your money. Enjoy your bags, enjoy your life, and don't worry about what people think of you. You are who you are. Just be yourself. As long as you don't over spend or owe credit card debt, everything will be fine!:smile:

jashie

Mar 10, 2013
I agree with everyone else. You should enjoy your bag and not worry about everyone else's opinion. I think you can take your bag where ever u want. But at work I would be a little bit hesitant. If everyone at your work place carries designer good then go ahead, if not then maybe you shouldn't.

snowbubble

Sep 5, 2013
Maybe carry with the logo hidden and back pocket side out.
That's what I do when I bring my Chanel to work. Haha I sneak my Chanels to work, but it makes me happy when I can use/enjoy them. :smile:

Now if it draws negative attention to yourself from superiors then I would be careful. Never good to out dress your boss.

Otherwise enjoy your bags! Can't please everyone, people will talk about whatever they want..

Christofle

Apr 21, 2011
Montreal
I don't think there's any problem with a 21year old carrying Chanel, in fact a lot of their bags seem to cater to that age group so enjoy!

DRIZZYDRAKE27

May 1, 2014
Do what makes you happy! It's your money and your bags . It's none of their business . If they bother you about it , just ignore it . Know that you have done nothing wrong .

luvprada

O.G.
Nov 23, 2008
Enjoy your life and your Chanel Handbags. As you get older you realize what others think just isn't important as long as you are happy. You've worked hard and deserve to enjoy. Take care