Do You Think Its Healthy For Kids To Have Imaginary Friends ?

I thought nothing of it until Sesame Street turned Mr Snufflelafegus (spell?), Big Bird's imaginery friend, into a real friend, because apparently imaginery friends are not healthy for children. But personally I think imaginery friends are perfectly fine and promote creativity.

I had an imaginary friend growing up. His name was Jeffery, and he always wore blue jeans and a red & blue argyle sweater.

I don't see anything wrong with imaginary friends. I had one and I haven't chopped up any hookers and buried them in my basement in at least a week!

Oh, I had a whole imaginary family with siblings and all. That was probably because I was an only child, LOL. I don't think it did me any harm. I read a great deal when I was young (I still do) and my imaginary world would be populated by the interesting characters I read about. I'd make stories about them, and think them in my head...

only child here! i had imaginary pets and friends, i would even talk to plants. looking back, i guess i was a pretty lonely kid. but i had a wonderful imagination, and loved reading all the time.