Do you think it is stupid to get a GHW JUMBO when I have one in SHW?

Do you like 226? How about get a 226 in black with ghw?

IMO, every girl needs a jumbo and a reissue 226 in her closet. ..:graucho:

If you really love black you can get the jumbo in the ghw on your next purchase.

I wouldn't feel the need to have two bags that similar, myself. Perhaps you can try a different leather plus GHW? Or a reissue? Then there would be more of a difference. That said, if you tend to be a collector, then go for it!

Thank you so much for all the responses! I am really considering all of your suggestions. It is extra tough since I don't have a store that sells Chanel near me. I do agree that the gold hardware gives the bag a slightly dressier look then the silver. Since it this will only be my 2nd Chanel bag I'm a little worried about being redundant though...

I do love the look of lambskin with gold hardware but I would be using it as an everyday bag and don't really want to have to be extra careful with it and I'm also pretty clumsy :lol:

The reissue 226 is another option that I honestly never considered because I always was more drawn to the classic CC lock. The size of the 226 looks great but I'm not sure I love the distressed crinkled leather but I haven't seen it in person. Does the 226 come in other leathers and are they all distressed? is the gold hardware also distressed? it doesn't look as shiny as the CC turn lock.

I'm also reconsidering the medium large w/ ghw and using it more for evening and when I don't carry by Chanel sunnies since I'm pretty sure they won't fit. I don't think the Vuitton cosmetic pouch would fit either? So I would just have to be more selective…

Another option is to sell my single flap shw jumbo from 07' since my preference now is toward the gold hardware although I do still love the silver, but I slightly prefer the gold…and I would probably eventually get a medium large in lambskin with ghw for special occasions.

i have black caviar jumbos with silver and gold. I thought i have it redundant but i use both of them. I will have a hard time to choose either silver or gold, since both serve different purposes. when i wear gold jewelry , i wear jumbo with gold hardware, and when i wear silver jewelry i wear jumbo with silver hardware. You can't go wrong with both hardwares.

I wear both white and yellow gold jewelry together daily so for me it isn't really an issue of matching the hardware to my jewelry but I do think that the gold gives a bit more of a dressed up look then the silver which looks slightly more modern to me.

i have black caviar jumbos with silver and gold. I thought i have it redundant but i use both of them. I will have a hard time to choose either silver or gold, since both serve different purposes. when i wear gold jewelry , i wear jumbo with gold hardware, and when i wear silver jewelry i wear jumbo with silver hardware. You can't go wrong with both hardwares.

i agree!

I have a jumbo lamb with shw and I want a m/l with ghw because I want to be able to switch my jewelry up but my sister thinks I'm crazy to get such similar bags...I say if you are going to use them both and you love the style then go for it!

I wear both white and yellow gold jewelry together daily so for me it isn't really an issue of matching the hardware to my jewelry but I do think that the gold gives a bit more of a dressed up look then the silver which looks slightly more modern to me.

So do I - I love the mix-match of white and yellow gold - I think that looks more modern. I grew up when you should never mix the metals, but now I think it looks fresher. So I carry which ever bag is practical for me on the day, no according to my jewellery.