Do you think it is stupid to get a GHW JUMBO when I have one in SHW?

chanel-girl

Cartier Love
Jun 24, 2007
I have a single flap black caviar jumbo with shw from 07' (my only Chanel) and have decided to get another Chanel bag with ghw. I love the size of the jumbo and have ruled out the maxi and the med-large doesn't fit quite enough and I would use it much more occasionally.

Do you think it is stupid to get another jumbo with ghw? Do any of you have a black jumbo with both shw and ghw?

Thanks for helping me decide:smile:

i think you should purchase whatever makes you happy. I have a chanel medium classic flap in shw and i plan on purchasing the black reissue 226 in ghw, this is so i can justify having two black Chanel purses. If i had the money, i would purchase the Chanel medium classic flap in gold hardwar.

I can see myself doing that. However, I think it is better to get Something different, like the reissue of a different color.

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum mobile app

On youtube, there's a lady named Bee Rachael--she has a black jumbo like yours plus a black gst with shw.
She's planning to buy another black jumbo with ghw.
She wants gold jewelry options, I believe.

I think others may not understand this. And that's fine.
What a great freedom to enjoy, being true to oneself!

No, not if you will have different uses for the two purses like if you want to match white gold vs. yellow gold jewelry for example. FWIW, I have two black rectangular minis one with silver hardware and one with gold so I think it's fine to have two of the same style black purses with different hardware. :lol:

It's not like you will carry them together-lol and If you will use them both then why not? Black goes with everything and I have a M/L with GHW and a Jumbo SHW in black and I love them both. I also adore my black Reissue 226.

I think most girls on the forum would vote yes to get both and some probably do have both. Since you already have caviar, maybe get the ghw bag in lambskin as it distinguishes the two bags. Also, the gold hardware is by nature 'dressier' than the silver hardware, thus fancier, as is the lambskin.

Last edited:
No, I don't think it's dumb at all!! I have two black flaps one in ghw, and one in shw, and two black reissues on each hardware. I feel like they go with different outfits and styles. I also agree with baghagg. Go for lambskin! It is the most beautiful bag ever and trust me, it's not delicate! I say go for the second hardware color regardless! Keep us posted.

I think most girls on the forum would vote yes to get both and some probably do have both. Since you already have caviar, maybe get the ghw bag in lambskin as it distinguishes the two bags. Also, the gold hardware is by nature 'dressier' than the silver hardware, thus fancier, as is the lambskin.

Great idea to get it in lambskin. Will make it different enough!

+1 totally! I think black lamb with GHW in medium/large is so luxurious but if it's too small for your needs then get it in jumbo!