do you think i would regret getting a miss dior flap instead of a chanel 2.55?

Vote for the DIOR!!!

The Miss Dior flap is a classic piece, from one of the best high-end fashion houses, plus very understated (unlike the classic Chanel flap with the CCs on it).

I rarely see the Dior flap being carried out and about. I mostly see the Chanel one. This makes Dior, IMO, more unique and exclusive.

However, if you cannot live without the Chanel flap (you refer to it a lot in your first post), then I suggest you start saving for it. There's no point on throwing 1500$ on a bag unless you ABSOLUTELY want it.
dior flaps are 1500?! wait i thought they were 3100?

I think I will always want a chanel, but I guess my rationalization is the dior would take care of me for several years so I would be okay not having one till my late 20s? but even then do you still believe I shouldn't? i don't want to make a "foolish girl's mistake" you know? I guess I'm scared that by the time I would feel comfortable buying it, its going to be like 8k lol. I know I can continue saving and putting money aside but honestly in good conscious I feel reckless buying the bag now and feel like i should down the road.

I still say go to a Dior boutique and see the Miss Dior and New Lock bags and see if you're taken by them. If not, no harm done, keep saving money for the Chanel. Just don't buy it on impulse because you want a flap bag now. Make sure it's what you want and don't settle for anything less by buying on impulse.

believe me, I've been lusting after Christian Louboutins since I was 15 and at 25 last summer, I bought my own pair which I'm really proud of and didn't settle for a patent black or nude pump everybody seems to be wearing. They're very unique and in my favourite colour and I'm really proud of them :biggrin:

It could be that in seeing the Miss Dior and New Lock, you may change your mind and be swept away by the allure that is Dior. If after seeing the bags, you're still keen on the Chanel, you're still young and in the future can think about how you've wanted this bag all along and have finally achieved your dream ;)

I think I will always want a chanel, but I guess my rationalization is the dior would take care of me for several years so I would be okay not having one till my late 20s? but even then do you still believe I shouldn't? i don't want to make a "foolish girl's mistake" you know? I guess I'm scared that by the time I would feel comfortable buying it, its going to be like 8k lol. I know I can continue saving and putting money aside but honestly in good conscious I feel reckless buying the bag now and feel like i should down the road.

I just feel you should buy what you really want! If it means saving up for that dream bag, then do so. Personally, Chanel, or otherwise, I don't think any leather bag is worth $8,000 even if it is lined in 18 karat gold! That's just me. I prefer having money to set aside for my kids. Back to bag topic. I just feel that if the Chanel is the bag of your dreams and you are supplementing it with the Dior because you think it will satiate you temporarily, I'd rather see you save for what you really desire!

I say, stop spending on the "wanna be's" and save for your chanel. You won't regret that decision and saving towards that goal will also make you feel good when you get it in your hands!!

I say, stop spending on the "wanna be's" and save for your chanel. You won't regret that decision and saving towards that goal will also make you feel good when you get it in your hands!!

I don't think that the Miss Dior bag is a "wanna be", since it is quite different from the Chanel reissue with different locks, a belt down the flap, and different proportions. By shape, it looks more like an elongated version of the Celine Box Bag than the Reissue. And the strap is not interlaced with leather.

Even the interior does not resemble the Chanel Reissue's compartments in any way.

Hm I would probably go and see the Dior in person and see what your gut feeling is. It is a lovely bag... But if you just don't absolutely -love- it then chances are you will end up still lusting after the Chanel and another $1,300 or so away from getting it. Substitutes for the most part just don't seem to work (at least not in my experience).

Out of interest - why not consider a pre-loved Chanel? If it were me that's a route I would definitely consider, but then I know many people are just happier buying new...

Hope you are able to make a decision you are happy with :smile:

Hi, I do the same, can't make decision, I would say now, go for a chanel!
After so many alternative bags, i still dream about chanel, so in the end, i bought chanel as well.

You will still think about chanel after you bought your dior, at least, I did :smile:

Although I do think the Miss Dior flap looks amazing (those ads with Mila Kunis have me lusting over those bags now:love:), it does sound like you really want a Chanel flap. I would get the Chanel ... you'll love your Dior but you'll never be really satisfied, you know what you want.:graucho:

A simple Miss Dior flap (not extics), black with gold harware costs 1550 Euros at the Dior official page. 1550 Euros are approximately 1900 - 2000$ (not 1500$, my mistake!). It's no where near the 3k range, though!!!!

The Miss Dior is $3100. The bag that you looked at for 1550 Euros is the New Lock bag, which has a lock and flap like the Miss Dior, but is less structured and has a leather strap with rivets on each end.

CHANEL for sure!!! I was beyond the moon when I got my first Chanel.

Love the intertwined straps and luscious leathers.

Best of luck deciding and whatever you decide, congratulations!

Get the Chanel. It sounds like you've been wanting this bag for a very long time, so I don't think you'll be satisfied with settling for a second choice. And with the Dior bag being in the $2000+ range, you might as well save to get what you really want...the Chanel!

Hi LVoeletters, I just wanted to let you know that I just bought the Miss Dior in black with the long chain this weekend. The bag is gorgeous, I love it! My bf even said it looks nicer than the Chanel and it looks more worth the $3500+tax (at Holt Renfrew in Canada) that I paid vs the Chanel at $4125+tax. The SA, said that the Miss Dior will be the next iconic/classic bag of Dior so it will be in line with the Lady Dior which is also a beautiful bag.

The Miss Dior is heavier cause of the chain but it doesnt bother me.. yet lol. But you can wear it cross body and on shoulder which is perfect lenght. I find the chanel that u cant wear it cross body cause its too short. I always thought they were longer but maybe its just the M/L flap that i looked at.

But as the girls above say, everyone has a chanel these days even though its crazy expensive so if you want to be different, then the Dior is the way to go. The SA said there will be a price increase in febuary (in Canada). The short chains are still at $3100 and the longer chain is $3500. The matte black with dark grey chain is priced at $3600.

So yes, its still not a Chanel but these two are two totally different bags. I love Chanel, but I also love the Dior.

LVoeletters, I think you're a wise girl irl.

Like in most threads with the same dilemma, nothing beats getting the bag which you have been hoping for all along. The same sentiment shared by many here. You're still fairly young and you could own many more bags in the future, maybe a Dior for now, and a Chanel in future. Nothing wrong with that. To put it simply, will you still think of Chanel Classic Flap if you buy Miss Dior?

Both are gorgeous bags. They cater to different markets and likings. I personally have seen Miss Dior and it's pretty. Good luck.:smile:

From what the OP is writing, I'd definitely say save save save, and don't get another LV bag, save some more, and get the Chanel. You seem to truly want the brand, not just the style of bag.

But honestly? I used to be the same and totally fell for the 2.55 Reissue. I own it now, and I rarely use it. It is just impractical to me, plus, since it was uber-expensive, I baby it like hell. Also, I must say the quality is nowhere near as perfect as it should be. The chain broke after 6 months of light use, and I was not impressed with the repair service (it took 3 months and the bag came back pressed flat). Would I buy it again? No. I'd go for a Dior or Lanvin, the Lanvin Happy bag is pretty, too and very similar yet not a rip-off.