Do you think I am stupid?

sur1992

Nov 6, 2010
My sister is graduating from college at the end of this year and has always adored Louis Vuitton bags. She told me she is in love with the Damier Azur Speedy 35 and I thought it would be a great gift to get her. I have been told I am stupid for spending that much money on a bag for her and should spend my money wiser( When I have no CC debt and have a cushioned savings account). My sister has struggled 7 years to get her Bachelors Degree and I think she deserves this. Is it stupid of me for thinking this way or is this a genuine thing to do?

I think that is a beautiful thing to do for your sister. You know how hard she's worked and you want to congratulate her for that. There is nothing wrong with buying a gift for her. If you spent $50 or $1000, that's up to you. How you feel about it is more important than anything else.

Best of luck with your decision.

thats so nice of you to think of getting her the speedy! i defo think you should buy it for her :smile: ignore what other people think, as long as you can afford it and want to get it for her, you should!!

Don't listen to the people who tell you these things. You want to do something special for her and it is your choice to do this. What a wonderful sister you are! She is going to love it!

I agree with the others. If you can swing it, go for it! Don't let someone try to talk you out of it b/c they would never spend that much on a handbag. Everyone chooses to spend their money in a different way, so don't feel the need to justify even if it is family:-/ Chances are, their minds won't change anyways, haha.

I don't think the monetary amount of the graduation gift you choose for your sister has anything to do with anyone else. It's your money, so you spend it how you see fit. I think it's a really nice thing that you want to do for your sister and I'm sure that she'll really appreciate your thoughtfulness and your generosity. I'm sure it'll make you feel good to be able to give her such a nice gift that you know she'll love. Don't pay any attention to what anyone else says.

We were supposed to go to Paris in may for her graduation but because of risen threats we have decided to postpone for a little bit. So I thought Louis Vuitton will be her little piece of Paris till we can go.

I say that graduation is a special time. That diploma represents so much, struggles, dedication, seeing your education through from start to finish, etc. The gift is an amazing gesture on your part. It will be something that lasts a lifetime, she will always cherish it and it is a quality, beautiful bag. If you made a list of pros/cons, there wouldn't really be any cons!

That's so sweet of you to think of getting her that, get it for your sis and don't worry about what others say. I have around 30 LVs and does that make me a an idiot? No, I work my ass off for my LV collection and I appreciate every one of them. Go for it, as long as you and your sis like LV, don't listen to others.