Do you think Hermes has nice beach bags or you prefer Chanel, Dior, Saint Laurent or other?

Jan 21, 2009
I need a beach bag, really I never had one, always used my old Neverfull as I thought why buy a very expensive beach bag you use once or twice a year. But now I think a beach bag would be nice, maybe I could use as a travel bag as well. I looked at Hermes but I am not sure, they look really simple and extremely colorful, not that special. But I promised myself - no more spending on non-H bag. So now I don't know what to do, would do you think Ladies?

I would guess the best choices for a beach bag from Hermes would be a canvas tote like herline/deauville/fourre-tout...all of which might be discontinued now (also I've always not really understood the difference between them lol).

The only thing in production would probably be a canvas GP (which is not 100% canvas).

So honestly, like the posters above me, I will probably just use a very cheap big tote and save my H bags for other stuff :smile:

Not so sure that I would make the investment with an H beach bag... There seem to be other options
to explore.
I also like the look of the french market basket done in straw to throw a beach towel & beach accessories
in..
This morning there was a segment on one of the morning shows where a gal took a straw bag & hot glued
some fun color pom poms for a fun summer project & fun bag

I assume you are talking about the $1800 scarf print canvas beach totes? They are super pretty and I struggled over buying one but ultimately couldn’t figure out a way to get enough usage from it, under circumstances that wouldn’t ruin it, to make it worth while. Instead, on the rare occasion my family needs something like that, we typically end up using reusable shopping totes from various free promotional gifts.

I would spend the money any other way. I don’t know your circumstances (kids, etc) but the beach for me is MESSY between sand, sunscreen, etc... plus i often leave it sitting by itself to go over by the water or whatever else. I buy whatever oversized CHEAP bag on amazon for the beach and reserve my Hermes, etc bags for literally anything else!!

I feel like you when it comes to beach bags... nonetheless, I do admire those who carry their Birkin's to the beach, it definitely looks lovely in pictures, but that bag is definitely not adequate (at least for me) for that specific circumstance...My key to go are cheap bags! When I go to the beach, I need to be carefree, all I want to do is inflate my mattress, attach it at the nearest marker buoy, lay on it and sunbath.

Last summer, I bought a lovely canvas beach bag in Capri, 15 EUR with some lovely illustrations... I need to be carefree when I go to the beach.

Reactions: tustin
Not sure that I’d spend the money on H for the beach unless you’re a member of to a swanky beach club. I don‘t even use my Goyard tote when going to the beach...a cheap straw bag is what I prefer. Sand is impossible to get out where I live...fine grain like sugar so not worth the aggravation of having to clean it.

Not sure that I’d spend the money on H for the beach unless you’re a member of to a swanky beach club. I don‘t even use my Goyard tote when going to the beach...a cheap straw bag is what I prefer. Sand is impossible to get out where I live...fine grain like sugar so not worth the aggravation of having to clean it.
I agree..I said my Goyard could be used for beach but I don’t carry it. I have a big RL straw bag that works like a dream.

I’ve been using a beat up longchamp. I like that it can fold for packing, can be washed, and has a zipper. I’m thinking of getting one of the neobain pouches for my cell, cards, cash, AirPods though. It would be a cute little pool/beach clutch to put in my beat up longchamp :biggrin:

Reactions: amateurjeweler