do you think damier is a logo?

SueC

O.G.
Apr 18, 2008
I have been slowly selling off my logo bags because I'm liking my bags to now be more discreet. But I need a good everyday/tote and am considering the damier neverfull mm (which I had and sold but am considering rebuying). Do you all consider the damier to be a logo bag? Just wondering as I was looking through the many logo threads and it made me curious!

Well, it's a recognizable print and does have the LV logo on it (albeit in small print). But I don't know that I would call it a logo like the mono or gucci monogram. It's not as obvious. I love Damier print - but I also love mono. I would consider Damier very understated and discreet though and if you love a Damier bag, I would go for it.

It's definitely a logo, but it's very undercover and understated compared to the loudness of the monogram. The neverfull in damier is a great tote !

I do think it is a logo, but a very subtle one that is ALOT less recognizable than any other logo I can think of (LV mono, gucci, coach, etc.) Damier is my favorite line because it is understated and rarely do people tell me that they know it's LV, only LV lovers seem to know around here, which is fine with me!

I will admit that it has gotten alot more popular in the last ~2 years...I've been seeing more of it, so maybe that understated status will be lost soon, but I hope not!

well, it's a recognizable print and does have the lv logo on it (albeit in small print). But i don't know that i would call it a logo like the mono or gucci monogram. It's not as obvious. I love damier print - but i also love mono. I would consider damier very understated and discreet though and if you love a damier bag, i would go for it.

ita!

It's a logo to me but more understated. However, it doesn't mean it's less obvious than other monograms. Depending on where you live, people will still know it's LV from far.:smile:

Damier is recognisably LV, but as many have pointed out, is a very classy print and I don't think it will "stand out" too much if that's your concern.

i love my damier bags, i think there very discreet without large logos but people seem to recognize the pattern as a LV bag. I personally think the mono is a bit to flashy but the damier is just as durable but a iconic pattern not a logo.