Do you think Damier Ebene print is discreet?

MiaKing

Sep 15, 2019
Do you think checkerboard (damier ebene) is very much "in face" print? I want to order speedy in de only because I can't find it new in empreinte (I will not buy used) I went to more discreet bags without logo everywhere but I'm still in love with speedy shape. I tried to look for other bags and the only one close was Givenchy Antigona but sides of the bag are meh for my taste. What is your opinion about DE?

I love it but unfortunately I don't see it available in either Europe or USA plus looks like it's not available in usa at all.. Not a single boutique seems to have it in stock

They are still in production just very limited quantities. If you have an SA they can run a worldwide search for you.

Reactions: JenJBS
I think it depends on where you live. In the major cities DE is very recognizable as LV. And I would ask who are trying to be discreet for? Friends? Co-workers? Strangers on the street? Because it will come down to their knowledge of the brand. My mom for example thought my GG Gucci belt was Guess :lol:. But a random stranger, and several co-workers immediately recognized my Gucci scarf and it has no logos, just the colors.

I didn’t know DE was an LV print until last year, when I first started considering a designer collection. I only knew of the monogram print. Fast forward, I was able to purchase a Speedy 25B in DE this year and do feel it’s more discreet than monogram but it’s not as discrete as the Epi. Like others stated, if you are in the know then you know.

Well I'm trying to be discreet for myself lol I absolutely love the shape of the bag but really can't find anything similar in plain leather without any accessories that supposed to make the bag look better. I know there is a lot of duffles but they always have something to make it look better like even the zipper in ghe front... and I just need plain, small black duffle with handles, crossbody strap and that's it. Years ago I had MK Bedford satchel/duffle that was just plain and perfect. Now can't seem to find anything else except for speedy. And I don't want it to be too structured. I guess I don't have a choice :sad:

This is the only available I found so far but it's structured-I like it sagging for more casual look plus zipper :annoyed:

Plus perfect old Givenchy Lucrezia no longer available...

Why they don't offer speedy in leather option, just wonder :confused1:
1496_imblk_a0.jpegQdVIrCJBTyWDtbAxkVEy_409697GivenchyLucreziaDuffleBagLeatherMediu2D0002.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Tsvetid