Do you think chanel handbags are getting overpriced?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I would like to know everyone's opinions? Thanks:smile:

2. Flaps were merely half the price just a few years ago, so absolutely they are overpriced. So as long as people will continue buy they will continue to raise.

3. Unfortunately Yes. I really wish that I started collecting Chanel bags about 4 years ago. My collection will never be as large as it could have been. Sigh!

4. I def think they are overpriced.
    I really would like to buy a chanel bag but the prices are way to high and ridicilous imo. so I will not support this and buy one at the store.

5. Yes, flaps are absolutely overpriced. Currently I have two flaps, medium black and light beige, and I am finished with Chanel. I want to dedicate myself to Prada:graucho:

6. Flaps are overpriced but they are so lovely! Other bags (i.e. GST, PST, medallion tote, etc...) are competitively priced for a designer bag

7. I guess everyone's opinion of "overpriced" is different ;) Yes, I believe the flap bags are expensive, but I only buy what I can afford anyway. Several years ago I was NOT able to afford Chanel bags, or any other high-end designer bags for that matter which means I was unable to purchase Chanel at their "low" prices. Times have changed in my favor however and can afford Chanel at its current prices fortunately. I don't *need* a lot of Chanel bags though, a smaller collection is fine with me!

8. Maybe this is a super newbie question but can someone explain to me the aggressive price raises? Clearly they're higher than inflation and the only explanation I can think of is that it's a sales tactic for Chanel to continue to raise the price to encourage people to "buy before the next price raise" :sad:

9. Is this even a debate? Yes, they are. So are lots of other things!

10. #10 Aug 30, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
    wrong thread..

11. very!! its sickening that quality is going down and prices are so high..very greedy

12. In November of 2006 I bought a jumbo caviar flap for $1695. Now they are over $4,000. Need I say more.

13. ^^wow, just wow. Yes, absolutely they are overpriced.

14. Yes, yes, yes and yes!!!

15. Higher prices and decrease in quality, kind of wonder why any of us bother :Push: