Do you think Chanel bags will one day reach Hermes price range?

Minda

O.G.
Sep 24, 2007
Please excuse if this topic has been discussed b4, but it seems that with the rapid price increases, that maybe the house of Chanel will one day get to where H is....... so maybe we should all load up now or it will be out of reach (for me at least)! LOL. What do you think?

If you read these boards, the prices have steadily gone up.. so it will probably match Hermes at some point.. but (according to a lot of people on this board) the quality just isn't there to justify the price.

so it will be interesting to see.

well to me 3000 euros for a flap is possibly the most i am willing to spend just got a maxi jumbo for that price)... for now at least as i know i am wanting a kelly right now and rather spend 2000 euros more to get a kelly :smile:
i think it will go up but not sure how high?

I really hope that's not the case. As mentioned here and there time and time again, the quality is just not there to justify the (fairly hefty) increases in price. If it is the case, I don't see it out of the realm of possibility that H will also drive up its prices...making their bags that much more out of reach...

I second the point on Chanel's lack of quality control. Keep in mind while Chanel raises prices so does Hermes. I don't see any of these houses ever dropping in price.

I finally got myself into h store to really check out the bags (I was lured in by purple) and the quality is ridiculously good BUT Chanel vs Hermes is apples vs oranges as far as styles go even in classics so I am truly not sure what goes into each and how done. In any case Chanel flap construction leather and style seems not at all meant to do same thing as Hermes. So to me at some point quality argument is moot. (the classic bags are way too different to compare. No you cannot throw around chanels and yes by what They are made of they might scratch more easily or get rubbed corners and swisher quilts and there's much more stitching to "go wrong" or even just obsess about. And it also gets tired. The brands also come from different places (and I don't mean France). I have no idea if they will go as high but if they do I won't buy and not for reason of pooor quality. If you all thing it's so bad you shouldn't be buying at current price or previous or at all.

imo if Chanel wants to up their prices like Hermes then their quality should be like hermes. Even if that means they have to modify the design, material used, or the way their purses are constructed.

maybe they are raising the prices so they can also afford to train and pay for better craftmanship. Really hope that this isn't just a wishful optimism :smile:

Last edited:
No way. hermes prices go up at least once a year. i got my first birkin about 3 years ago, and the current price is more than $2k higher now. and i agree with pls5. i also see no point in comparing the quality between the 2 brands. both are of high quality, yet they are different.