Do you think birkin’s in size 25 will stay in fashion for the next few decades?

I think it is already happening, although it will take quite some time to fully materialize, At the moment I feel it is not so much the B25 loosing popularity, as the bigger sizers and in particular the B35 getting their popularity back and the Birkin becoming a tote again.

Now these bags are so expensive and desirable, and there are so many B25 around now, that they are not going to end up in some cupboard. People are still going to carry them. It will just not be the hottest thing in Instagram and the pre-loved prices will not be so inflated relative to other sizes as it is now.

That said, I feel because the smaller sizes are kind of contra natura for a Birkin, and thus more fashion determined, the fall from grace may be harder for the B25s that it was for the B35/40 in the past. This is the classic size, and to me, it has always looked cool and classy, no matter the fashion popularity charts.

Can’t agree with you more!

Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags
I am of the opinion that 25s will always be in style. The popularity with small bags is not an isolated fashion trend - it comes with technology development and infrastructure improvement. Back when I was in high school or college, I carry with me a giant wallet, a water bottle, 7 set of keys, books and an umbrella. Now I go out with a sunblock, a Kindle, a tiny cardholder, and two keys - that’s it. And i’m fairly certain I won’t be using a big-sized B or K as a mommy bag when I have kids because how heavy they are. Let alone the fact the Bs don’t have a shoulder strap and Ks are difficult to get in and out.

so long story short, Bs and Ks in 35/40 are too heavy and impractical to be mommy bags; and I can only imagine future tech advances the small bag trend (if not for smaller and smaller).

I am of the opinion that 25s will always be in style. The popularity with small bags is not an isolated fashion trend - it comes with technology development and infrastructure improvement. Back when I was in high school or college, I carry with me a giant wallet, a water bottle, 7 set of keys, books and an umbrella. Now I go out with a sunblock, a Kindle, a tiny cardholder, and two keys - that’s it. And i’m fairly certain I won’t be using a big-sized B or K as a mommy bag when I have kids because how heavy they are. Let alone the fact the Bs don’t have a shoulder strap and Ks are difficult to get in and out.

so long story short, Bs and Ks in 35/40 are too heavy and impractical to be mommy bags; and I can only imagine future tech advances the small bag trend (if not for smaller and smaller).
Well... You remember some years ago when bags couldn't be big enough? People carried their wallet, keys, phone and a pack of gum in Birkin 40s and even bigger bags. Fashion is only partly (and sometimes not at all) about utility.

And if you regularly carry more or larger items, because not everyone can pack lightly, you do need a bigger bag.

Like others have said, there will be a place for Birkin 25s. It just won't always be as hotly desired.

Last edited:

Until we all have robot assistants, technology is not going to help us carry things. Tech doesn't reduce the size of water bottles or umbrellas (yet!) and we've all had Kindles for at least a decade.

I definitely think that they'll stay in fashion but I also think that their popularity will drop and bigger bags will become more in style. Fashion is so cyclic and everything gets recycled every 10-20 years or so.

Reactions: hermesgeek
Exactly what I meant that we should choose a size that best fits our everyday lifestyle and disregard what is in trend unless you are running a social media or buy and resale business.

Edit: no need to wait for your favorite “trend or fashion” to come back (and I highly doubt that bigger size of Hermes bags aren’t in trend :confused1: ), just create your personal style regardless what others may like or not.

Whether or not larger bags come back in style, I just can't imagine what I would carry in one when that happens.

Last edited:
Great thread - I don’t know if it will be “fashionable” but I believe art imitates life - 10 years ago people went to work in an office, had mostly an 8 to 5 job and carried their lives on them. The 35 was convenient and still cherished by many... however , buyers personas have changed and I love it.
We get to work remotely ( no need for a laptop bag), and in today’s pandemic, we’ve learnt to do with less. The Birkin 25 started as a trend but I think in terms of functionality- is here to say.
I wouldn’t be surprised if Hermes one day introduces the Birkin 20- after all there is almost matching sizes in the Kelly except for the 20 really. Can you image the pandemonium that would take place???? It would be adorable