do you think a wristlet would be a good present?

baby&melovelv

i.am.sweet.melissa
Aug 20, 2006
hi! i would like to buy my babysitter a Christmas present. I will be going to the outlets within a couple of weeks and i was thinking of a wristlet. (she's in the 8th grade and she babysits a handful of times a year.) any other ideas, or is a wristlet a good one? key chain? cell phone charm? i just thought a nice coach piece would be nice... tia! (i'm 34 and i love my wristlets!)

I think wristlets are the best! Its not like its useless and cheap like a keychain. Since your at the outlets, the wrislets must be at least a discounted prices already, so why not go ahead? money doesn't seem an issue right here.

I teach junior high (7th and 8th grade) and I have seen about 10-15 girls running around with wristlets.

So I think it would be a great present. I think something in brown or black would be great and you can get great deals at the outlet.

GREAT idea! Mini skinnies are another option, but in my opinion, wristlets are infinitely more useful. I'd recommend something black or brown and perhaps err on the side of "classic." Something young, of course, but personally things like lurex and patchwork (which I think are now at the outlets, according to another thread) are hit/miss. Yes, it's more lively and young, but if I got a lurex wristlet in 8th grade, I would've shoved it to the bottom of my dresser and forgot about it.

Just my two cents of course!!

I think a wristlet makes a great gift at any age, but I think that is especially nice for a teenager. Wristlets aren't too expensive, especially at the outlet, and you can use them for so many things. Great idea!

thank you everyone! i love them, and i she's really nice and good to us so I wanted to get her a nice present. i think i can do well at the outlets and if i get a classic color she will really get use out of it. (although my mom got me an eggshell blue one a couple of easters ago and it is one of my favorites!!!)

thanks again, everyone. i don't post here often, but i do peruse. you all are very nice!!!

They are just over $20 at the outlets now. I know because we just got home from Vegas and I bought a bunch of them. I have teen daughters and altho they have wristlets, they will make great gifts for their friends. Perfect to carry a cell phone, camera, etc... VERY useful gift.