Do you think a red handbag is a wardrobe must have?

LVLover

Hermes Only
O.G.
Jan 18, 2006
as the title of the thread states: Do you think a red handbag is a wardrobe staple/must have? Why or why not?

I'm considering buying a red handbag but I'm not sure how much use I'd get. Is a red handbag kinda like a black handbag--you just gotta have one?

Yes - I think so! I recently got a red epi speedy, and I've been pleasantly surprised by how much it goes with. Especially if you're wearing neutrals, it really adds a nice pop of color!

i don't think i could do a whole red bag with me being a redhead... but I do love bright red heels! They add just a bit of color and they are far enough away from my face and hair that they don't look bad LOL

i agree with the other poster, if you wear items that it'll go with then go for it!

It's a very good color, but a "must"? I think not.
I'd still call black, brown and ivory "must have" colors, and I MUST have several shades of brown, of course, but after that, the necessity drops off greatly for me.

I agree. I think that Fiore has a wonderful red Audra out right now that looks really nice - but maybe too tomato-y. A really nice deep blood vampire red is lovely - could be a neutral, but I'm thinking more like the whole December month when the holidays are here - people are having all kinds of parties...kind of jazzys up an outfit. But for year round use, I'm not a big fan. Same with green bags for me.:supacool:

It all depends on you. I have my brick red marc that I'm in love with. I wear it all of the time. Colors never go out of style. Just get a classic shape. Red also looks great with yellow, navy, and purple.